March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Some Special Tags

I just realized I am just 3 posts away from 200 posts! Now usually I will post and then get around to another a few days later. But to make my milestone, I will have to post something each day until Jan 1st. I just hope I can think of enough stuff to share. My life is not that interesting....LOL But here goes!

First up. This Christmas I got creative. Using one idea from HGTV, another blogger's simple packaging and my own noggin, I came up with some tags for my families presents. I rummaged thru all my old photo albums looking for old Christmas pics. Scanned them, sent them to Picnik to embellish and then emailed them to Wal-Mart to have them process them into 4 x 6 photos. With one hour photo, I figured it was cheaper and easier to have them print them, rather than me. Next, how was I going to attach them to the package? I toyed with using old Christmas cards as backers, or just punching a hole in one corner. Then, I had a aha moment! I had bought (like 10 years ago) these Hallmark cards where you can insert a photo and never used them. And of course they were still sitting in my desk in the attic. Instant picture frames! Worked like a charm and I could just slip the picture under the ribbon and I was done. They were such a big hit! Everyone oohed and ahhed, and later when all was said and done, my youngest put all of hers along the mantle in her house. It felt good to get my creative juices flowing again and to surprise and delight everyone, but the question is... What will I do next year??? ....LOL Always, Kit





I am linking up with REDNESDAY over at It's a Very Cherry World!

12 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kit...Adorable idea. See? That's why we should never throw anything out!

Great job! Susan

Junell said...

The pictures turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

Pom Pom said...

That's a cute idea! I bet your kids appreciated those pretty packages, Kit.
Yahoo! 200 posts! Well done!

Diane said...

Great idea. They look wonderful. You'll think of something even better for next year. Do you have snow yet? Diane

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute idea! I love it...and the presents are easy to find! I'm your newest follower! Hugs and Happy new year! ♥

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

What a fun idea Kit!... love those all setting on the mantle... xoxo... Julie Marie

Susan said...

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, Kit. Always nice when you visit.

Have a good Friday! Susan

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

I love this idea. It is definitely one that I will work on through out the year and have ready for next year. I just found your blog and think you are very creative. I have become your newest follower and can't wait to check out you previous posts. Happy New Year. Patty

T's Daily Treasures said...

How lovely those tags are. What a wonderful idea! good thing you remembered you had those Hallmark photo cards. Happy day to you, Tammy

Floss said...

What a very good idea! Thanks for your Christmas wishes, and have a wonderful and blessed 2012 yourselves.

LV said...

You will do fine and make your 200 without any trouble. You certainly did very well with your tags.

Melissa said...

What a great idea! Doesn't it feel good to use up something you had on hand too?