December

December
(internet)

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Pause in Advent - Lights!

Lights. In all forms. I can't get enough of them! At this time of year, when we are just beginning our long dark winter, every little glow; cheers and warms. Throughout my home, I have many little lamps, and then during this season I love to add garlands, tree lights, candles, and have my whole house just glowing with color and brightness. We added a new spot of color yesterday. My hubby and I went antique shopping (I just love searching for vintage Christmas items) and he comes to me and says, "Look at this wreath! My Grand-mom had this exact kind and it hung in her kitchen window each year." What a great memory, so of course I just had to have it. Very inexpensive and in it's original box! It now hangs in the craft room, so when my hubby comes to the house from his shop, he can see it and remember. So very wonderful!

Then last night, we loaded up our girls for a dinner out and a tour of the town to see all the Christmas Lights. We suck on candy canes, listen to Christmas music and spend about an hour ooooing and ahhhing over the displays in town. I am always amazed at how even the smallest little place with have this little string of Christmas lights and it warms my heart. I love to see people celebrating. And by putting up lights and trees and decorations, (no matter how small) I feel we then truly embrace the season. For after all, the Christmas Star and all it's neighboring stars were the very first string of Christmas lights, weren't they? :) Always, Kit


I am joining Floss at Troc, Broc and Recup' for A Pause in Advent!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, oooh I just love your vintage wreath and how wonderful it carries so many precious memories for your family... and I love that it is what your hubby sees first thing in the window... I also love that you keep traditions, like we do, and that keeps our childhood memories of Christmas alive... sounds like so much fun driving around and looking at the lights, I'll bet they are beautiful in your town, and I know they are gorgeous in your home!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to look at Christmas lights, too, Kit.

    Thanks for your visits and comments to my blog. Apreciate them all.

    I can see we love similar things....Susan Branch, Mary Englebreit, etc. Great minds think alike! ha!

    Take care and have super Sunday. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sparkly and shiny Christmas post Kit. I love your husband's wreath, I have one like it that was like MY Grandma's too. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas lights make me smile. At this dark season of the year, all the lights are wonderful.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping in to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, and I hope the new year brings you great joy!
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete