October

October
(internet)

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Pause for Advent

Today after a very busy couple of weeks, it is literally all about, pausing. I am tired. I have been chugging along like a steam engine to get everything set for Christmas. Well, it is set and now it is time to just sit back and relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor. This is my favorite part of the season. The pressure is off, the lights are up and oh so pretty, and I am looking forward to many cups of tea, maybe a cookie or two and a festive holiday magazine. But my couch is looking mighty comfortable and today I just may curl up with my red and white throw, a warm gray cat and take a winter's nap. I hope you all have many moments of just this type of activity. Take your time, pause and just enjoy December. Always, Kit

I am joining Floss at Troc, Broc and Recup for a Pause in Advent

10 comments:

  1. Sounds just lovely! Enjoy your December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working all day, trimming the tree, ironing table cloths, and arranging. One more room to go. I WISH I would have taken a nap! Oh well! You're so right about sitting back and enjoying it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute picture Kit. Enjoy the advent season now. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I need to do that more often, you'd think I'd still be napping when Liam does...nope! Perhaps I'll try and go back to that! :) Just one more valuable lessons I've learned from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear you're all ready. But I have a twinge of jealousy, too! We had Son 2's birthday party on Saturday night, which is a kind of indoor-outdoor night-time bonfire party. Which means that the vaccuming and mopping that I started yesterday needs to be continued today, now the house is finally empty of other people! THEN I will sit down. Better leave the computer, hadn't I? Thanks for this pause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for getting to this pause stage so early

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Kit, sounds like a perfect idea, you enjoy a snuggle with your cat! Love the Santa picture!
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your pussy cat cuddles - the best kind to have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sentiments entirely - it is important to make time to stop and stare.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's important to pace ourselves. I can get myself in so much pain if I don't stop to enjoy and relax. It's smart of you to take care like that. But, doesn't if feel so good to get the decorations up. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete