April

April
(internet)

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hip, Hip Hooray for Christmas Vacation

Well, today is the first day of my Christmas vacation. I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast and now am into high speed Operation Christmas! I have stockings to organize, a few presents to wrap and some minor house cleaning. One cannot have Christmas without a mopped floor. What would Santa think? I don't mind one bit, the sun is shining, it is biting cold out and the snow is just sparkling (as is my sinks right now...LOL) it feels good to get all my tin soldiers in a row. Later a turn around Target for a few items I just have to have. And tonight, while I have my house all to myself, I think I will pop in the movie White Christmas, pour myself a glass of wine and join Rosemary Clooney for a sing-a-long. Then later, I know I will fall asleep, "Counting My Blessings". Always, Kit

7 comments:

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, It sounds like the ideal day!! Tomorrow I clean too! I don't care what Santa thinks, but company, yes, I care... Have a wonderful Christmas. Ann

lizzy said...

Sounds soooo effiecient! Have a wonderful holiday!

Merry Christmas

lizzy at gone to the beach

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, sounds like a wonderful evening... enjoy your glass of wine and White Christmas!... xoxo Julie Marie PS Do you think Santa will still visit me if I haven't mopped my floors?????

iSavortheWeekend said...

So jealous. Nothing like having the house to oneself. I had it for about an hour and a half, did plenty of gift wrapping but would have loved relax and watch White Christmas too. snow, snoW, snOW, sNOW, SNOW!!! Merry Christmas!

Zuzu said...

This sounds perfect, Kit! We have more snow to shovel, but there's a fire in the wood stove and plenty of cookies and candies to go with a movie later tonight.
Hope you all enjoy a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Diane said...

Sounds like a beautiful day Kit. I hope it worked out the way you planned.

Danny Kaye - one of my very favorites. It makes me giggle just to think of him.

Have a good night. Diane

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! I LOVE White Christmas, too! I wish you a fantastic celebration! Maybe I'll mop my floor!