March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Trees!

"Christmas Tree, oh, Christmas Tree, lit up like a star.
When I see my Christmas tree,
Can loved ones be far?"

I love them! And the more the merry. Each room in my house has one. In most cases it is nothing too fancy, just a ceramic tree from the 70's, or a feather tree my husband hand made for me (out of real duck feathers!) A wooden one created to hold old bubble lights and painted when I was in my Mary Englebreit faze, or how about a fibre optic tree that glows purple, yellow and blue? And in the corner of the dining room, I have a special tree that holds ornaments from friends from a long time ago. They all mean something to me, and they make me smile. But then there is the big tree, in my living room, decked out in ornaments new and old and this one commands the house. Hundreds of memories. I like to sit and glance and remember where each and every one came from and who gave them to me. The old handmade ones from my girls, the kitschy ones from our travels, and the antique ones from my childhood. All so special and for this month it makes my room sing.
"Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree..." Always, Kit



I am linking to My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday!

12 comments:

FlowerLady said...

I love setting up the Christmas tree, it just makes me happy. I set up the smallest one of three this year, as I just didn't feel like doing the whole deal. I did get out the box of CL ornies and hung some of them and they certainly bring back memories of good times with good friends.

Enjoy your Christmas season with your sweet DH and dear daughters.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

P.S. Thank you for your lovely card and wishes which came in the mail yesterday.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, I clicked on the picture to enlarge it so I could enjoy each and every one!... your trees are all so pretty!... I love that you have one in each room... and that each one holds special ornaments and precious memories...xoxo Julie Marie

injoyinmylife said...

I know what you mean. I love all the beautiful feelings that come flowing through me when I pull out each decoration. I love your trees. The big one is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

A Trifle Rushed said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, it's great to meet you. I just love your Christmas trees. Your blog looks so pretty, I must follow.

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, I love how each of your trees have a special meaning for you. So pretty, cute and beautiful all at once. Ann

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, I love how each of your trees have a special meaning for you. So pretty, cute and beautiful all at once. Ann

Junell said...

These trees are all so nice. I like the ceramic tree. My grandma had one of those - it was so pretty. :)

Diane said...

Oh, I'd love to see your Christmassy house Kit. Your Christmas trees all sound so pretty. Diane

Laurie said...

It was so nice to hear from you, Kit, and I loved coming by to see your blog and the beautiful Christmas trees you so love! It really is wonderful to have all of the memories from year to year. I think my mom had a cereamic tree like the one you pictured! Our tree is up, finally, and I always enjoy putting on the ornaments, too - so full of good remembrances of when our girls were little and of the students I taught. Now the grands help decorate it - such a good time!

Merry Christmas, Kit!

Susan said...

Hi Kit....How lovely that you have trees in every room of the house. Wowsers. That's awesome. They look great.

Hope you have a nice Sunday, too.

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog, too. I appreciate your visits. Susan

E. Charlotte said...

I love all your Christmas trees! And now I have a few too! There's just no better symbol of the season! So bright and cheery! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! Your tree is filled with fun ornaments! Happy holidays! ♥