June

June

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Official Start of the Thanksgiving Holidays

Today was the last day of work before turkey day, yay! So now I can put all my energy into creating a fun holiday for my family. Plus add a few other little things in for myself. :) Tomorrow is the slated, "cook up a storm" day. I do most of my preps then and my last minute shopping and I would like to squeeze in the hanging up of some Christmas lights on my front bushes. Normally I wouldn't do the latter but it is supposed to be around 50 degrees and that sounds better than waiting till it is -3 to finish the job. For the next 6 days, I intend to relax, cook, read, shop, plan, visit, and just have a great time. I hope you will do the same! I will be back with updates.
Always, Kit


5 comments:

Diane said...

I was thinking that we should do the outdoor lighting while it's not so cold, too. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for mentioning it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Kit. Hope you have a great weekend. Diane

lizzy said...

It sounds lovely, Kit. Tomorrow is my cooking/ last minute shopping day too...I admire your ease and enthusiasm! Have a wonderful long weekend.

PS Thx for visiting & commenting on my blog! I m glad it gave you a few beach moments to savor...

love

lizzy at gone to the beach

FlowerLady said...

Good morning Kit ~ May today be a lovely, exciting one of preparing all the goodies for tomorrow. I will be doing the same here, an enjoyable time for sure.

Enjoy your time off from work and may you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! YOU won my little Olde World Christmas giveaway, Santa ornament!!! Yay!... I posted about it this morning with a link to your blog... please email me your address and I will send it right out!... xoxo Julie Marie

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Kit, congrats on winning Julie's giveaway. I used to do big Thanksgiving with all the fixens but since most of my friends we celebrated with moved away, it is rather quiet around here. I have work tomorrow but the boys don't have school because of parent conferences. Then we have a 3-day weekend for Islamic New Year. Yea! Blessings to you and yours, Tammy