August

August

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful day! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Cloudy and cool, with snow on the way tomorrow. Hope all the travelers have gotten to where they were hoping to be. I started the day, the way I always do. I bake up some Orange rolls (yeah, in the tube) and watch the Macy's Parade. Start to finish and when Santa comes rolling down the street, I promptly burst into tears. Without fail, every year. To me that is the "real" start of the holiday season and no Mall or newspaper advertising that he is here on the Nov 18th is gonna change my mind. :) So, the turkey is sending it's wonderful scent throughout the house, the table is set and I am doing the last preps for my lovely guests; our girls. They should be here in about an hour and a half and I can't wait. We will fill the rest of this day, with food, and excited talk, board games and each other. I couldn't ask for more. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Always, Kit

5 comments:

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving day! OOOOh! I LOVE those orange rolls. Enjoy -
Lurena

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Kit... I can just picture everything about your happy home in my mind... xoxo Julie Marie

Tins and Treasures said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kit,
It sounds like you had a nice day with your family. Our was much the same...just the four of us and all our favorite foods. We also watched the parade and played games...And now deciding if we should go shopping at midnight!

Enjoy the weekend. ~Natalie

lizzy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a lovely day! I used to work across the street from Macy's, and the balloons would be exactly level with my big loft windows. Of course we were closed, but I'd sneak in with my kids and friends and brunch. Great memory! (We'd even chip in and get our windows washed, lol.) It seems like such a local custom, it amazes me that there you are, in Montana, watching the parade. PS love the orange rolls, yep gonna do that next year!

love

lizzy at gone to the beach

E. Charlotte said...

Oh I love our traditions! You've passed on the same morning routine to my sister and I! Orange rolls and the Macy's parade. :) Loved our evening together as a family too!