June

June

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fixins'!

Well, I did it early this year and it was a breeze. Hit the grocery store on Monday, and picked up everything I need for a feast on Thanksgiving! I almost decided not to go since it was snowing like mad and it was mighty cold. But the store was practically empty and there were check-out lines to choose from. Yay! Maybe most folks didn't venture out in the storm. I must remember that for the future. So, carefully tucked away and waiting for my loving touch are the ingredients to my family's favorite foods. On the menu this year and every year, (you don't mess with tradition) are:

a Big Butterball Turkey
Homemade Turkey Gravy
Macaroni and Cheese
Whipped yams
Stuffing
Cranberry Orange Jello Mold
Pickles & Green and Black Olives
Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie and Whipped Cream
Sparkling Cider


Nothing fancy, nothing gourmet. Yep, those are the rolls right out of the tube. And I have to admit, the whipped cream comes out of a can. I like a basic Turkey dinner, simple and tasty. And I think my family agrees; there isn't much to clean up when we are done. Always, Kit

(photos courtesy of the web)
Joining Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!




6 comments:

lizzy said...

It sounds yummy, Kit! I'm still dithering over the menu....
Do you have a lot of guests to feed?

love

lizzy

gone to the beach

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Ki... yum!... I want some of all of it right now!... I love that, like me, you don't mess with traditions... keeping them alive is what keeps our memories alive and also helps create new ones... I need to get out today and get my shopping done for Thanksgiving as well... BIG snowstorm predicted to move in tonight!... I will be dreaming about your whipped yams... mmmmm!... xoxo Julie Marie

T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't eat meat anymore, but I do usually try to order a turkey for my family and then I fix some other things to go with it. Pumpkin with whipped cream is definitely a must. :) Hope your week is great. Tammy

E. Charlotte said...

I love Turkey dinner at your house! Those are all still my favorite foods, and I can't wait! Mmm!

mary said...

Wow that looks yummy!

Mosaic Monday

eileeninmd said...

Your menu sounds delicious. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.