October

October
(internet)

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Brawl of the Wild!

Today is a very important day here in Western Montana. Everyone and anyone who lives in Montana knows what this day is and what will occur at exactly 12:05 today.
Today is the......
Griz/Bobcat Football Game! A very intense rivalry, we call it the Brawl of the Wild! And it has been going on since 1897. All other games pale in comparison and each team strives to win this coveted match and the honor of owning the Divide Trophy. (tho I wish the trophy looked a little less like a pile of dirt...LOL) I am a Griz fan through and through and I am all set to watch the "show" on TV this year. The game is in Bozeman, Montana this year and we opted to stay home and snug in our house with the big screen TV. My enthusiasm wanes a bit when it is 15 degrees out, with a wind chill in the negatives. So, wish us luck and I hope we win the 111th meeting of the Bears and the Cats! (my lucky number is 11, I hope that helps!)
Always, Kit
PS: It is now 3:30 and WE WON!! I am so excited and my throat is sore from all the screaming! GO GRIZ!!

See what I mean?

Hubby and I at last year's game!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, just stopping in to say hello... we don't follow football, but I hope you have a fun time!!! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you were a lot warmer staying at home. Glad your team won Kit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo, Kit. You guys look all bundled up in that photo. Is it already that cold in Montana? Glad your team won. Thanks for all your visits and comments to my blog! Love having you stop by. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. . .my mind must be in the gutter, because I didn't think the trophy looked like dirt, more of something that can be made into dirt - if you catch my meaning. ;)
    Junell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we won!! Always an awesome game :)

    ReplyDelete