June

June

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday and No Punches were Thrown!

By 4am I am up, dressed and headed to my daughter's house. We have chosen our targets and armed with our ads and our good spirits we are ready to tackle the stores. We, unlike many others this year, have opted to not shop on Thanksgiving evening (come on retailers, don't be so greedy!) and will continue our tradition of rising early. We enjoy the feeling of the early hours; the Christmas music playing, sometimes snow, cars darting here and there on empty streets and the fun of seeking bargains. This year we found what we were looking for: an electric blanket, vacuum cleaner, giant clock, and gold earrings. And found some items we didn't know we wanted: monster socks, a toaster, videos, and a paper shredder! All on the cheap and all in a spirit of fun. No pushing, no shoving, just smiles and good will towards all. We finished up as the sun rose, eating our McD's breakfast sandwiches and sipping coffee. We couldn't believe that 4 hours had passed and that we had visited 10 stores. My girl and I had a blast and all that was left was to get home, turn on those blankets and snuggle back in bed for a well earned nap. And later? Leftovers!
Always, Kit


6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you and your daughter had a pleasant Black Friday experience. No pepper spray involved. :/ Have a great weekend. Tammy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Sounds like you had a good time Kit!... but then, I think you and your daughter always do no matter what you are doing!... glad you got some bargains... I am looking forward to more leftovers today too!... xoxo Julie Marie PS Mailed your little ornament priority Friday morning, hope it comes tomorrow!

Junell said...

It sounds like you and Emily had a successful morning. I did most of my shopping from the comfort of my room - on my computer. :) I had wished this Friday 12:00 a.m. thing was a fad, but considering how many people were out I don't think it will be.

Liz said...

Sounds wonderful!

I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving!
Liz

lizzy said...

Wow! You girls were so--energetic! So focused. Good for you! You made Frantic Friday sound fun too.

love

lizzy at gone to the beach

E. Charlotte said...

Love your old-timey pic! We sure had fun yesterday, didn't we? I love that tradition. Always so much fun! And I'm loving my new purchases. :)