August

August

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Single for a Weekend!

Well, when I heard the hubby was going to Denver for a business trip, I started making lists. Now most folks would be giddy over the aspect of: nights out with friends, hours of shopping, restaurants to sample. Not me. I was giddy over the aspect of having the house all to myself. Now don't get me wrong. I love, love my husband, but I have never lived alone, and so when I am offered 3 full days of alone, only me, okay maybe the cat, time, I do my happy dance and pull out the paper and pen. First on the list? A trip to the store for some food favorites that do not have to be cooked! A treat or two. A pampering session with my hair dresser, with the result of a shorter sassier hair-do, which goes so well with my present state of mind. Add a new series that I just received from Netflix. "The Buccaneer's!" adapted from the Edith Wharton book. What my hubby would definitely call a chick flick and would definitely not want to see. I sprinkled in some much needed little chores that have been nagging me for some time and it feels so good to have them finally done. I ate only when I felt like it, went to bed later than usual (Oooo, I am such a renegade!...LOL) and woke early with the whole day ahead of me. As I write, the soundtrack from "When Harry met Sally" is blasting away and it is urging me to come and vacuum, before I settle down on the couch, Garlic bagel in hand to watch some great football. Oh, it is going to be such a lovely day! Always, Kit



(photos courtesy of the wonderful web!)
Linking to Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Sometimes it's just great to have some time to yourself. I think we all need it. I love your Halloweenie blog. Diane

Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, oooh, your days alone sound just great!!! I love Jack too, but cherish some of the days when it is just ME and Tessy to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and eat whatever I want!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time... can't wait to see your new "sassy do"!... xoxo Julie Marie

Jill Harrison said...

what bliss! I understand completely! That is why I like my Mondays off work so much - a few hours completely to myself! Selfish? no way! We all need time to be ourselves.
I hope you enjoyed your 3 days. Have a wonderful week.

eileeninmd said...

I enjoy my time alone too, si I really do understand. I love your cute mosaic, have a great day!

Susan said...

Hello Kit...So happy you are having the time of your life! It's nice to be alone, for sure.

I want to thank you with all my heart for all your visits and comments to my blog. Love it when you visit. Sincerely, Susan

E. Charlotte said...

Love this! Always great to have the house to yourself for a bit. A mini vacation!

Pondside said...

I'm sure it was a lovely, indulgent time! We all need time to be alone in our own home. I've been longing to see The Buccaneers - one of these days!