August

August

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Halloween Tradition

I just watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and oh how I laughed and smiled, as if I were a kid again. From the first bars of that wonderful Vince Guaraldi score, I am always hooked. I love the subtle humor and every time Charlie Brown exclaims, "I got a rock" while Trick or Treating, I just lose it. The poor fellow. But even sadder is Sally losing out on Tricks and Treats and demanding restitution!.....LOL They sure knew how to make a great show back then for sure. And I am so glad it is being aired on TV still, for all the kiddlets who will remember it when they are 56. Will they remember Snoopy crawling thru the French countryside after his Sopwith Camel got shot down, with that haunting train whistle sounding off in the background? And will they fall in love with all the Peanuts characters just like I did so many years ago? I know so. Always, Kit


7 comments:

Anita said...

Oh I have to find that on DVD! I bought the Thanksgiving and Christmas ones a few years ago for my kids and we all love watching them every Christmas too!!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Ooh Kit, we are so alike! We have already watched our tape twice and I love it every time... we fix hot chocolate and sit and relax and are taken back to simpler times once more... it is timeless... my favorite part (although the whole thing is my favorite!) is when Snoopy gets sad while Schroeder plays "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" and starts to howl! So glad you enjoyed it!... and I bet you watch it again too!... you make everything so much fun!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Diane said...

Thanks for the memories Kit. Boo to you from Wyoming. Diane

Susan said...

Oh Kit,that's a kicker you have some finger "monsters," too!

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comment.

Yes, we ARE kindred spirits. Susan

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

My sweet boy and I watched it too. I felt so happy when he giggled and said "I just love Snoopy!"

Zuzu said...

Loved it. A classic for sure!
Hope you all have a Happy Halloween, Kit!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

T's Daily Treasures said...

I miss seeing this! It definitely was a part of my growing up years. I don't think my kids have ever even seen it and don't think at this point they would really appreciate it. They think they are too old for that kind of stuff but I would love to see it again. :) Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world. Best wishes, Tammy