March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Quest and Grand Adventure!

It all started with a chair. A lovely, soft leather chair, that swiveled and rocked and smelled like a cow. One you could totally relax in and let the cares of your life slip easily away. Problem was, it was in Oregon. Or was it? After months of investigating, wishing, whining and many many visits to Furniture Row, Bart the Super Salesman found two of these coveted chairs, (now discontinued) but they were in Great Falls, Montana. And they had to be picked up. 135 miles, and approx. 3 and 1/2 hours one way. Undaunted, youngest daughter E. Charlotte and I started planning. We could borrow a truck from hubby's work, I had a day off coming on Monday, and it would be a great road trip together. But would hubby agree? He did! (he wanted the chair as much as I did, cause I hog the one on vacation!...LOL) We decided to get both chairs, since we were getting a killer deal and it would cause less "hogging" in the future.


The day dawned sunny and warm and we headed out of town. Do you know, I have never driven a pick-up that big before and I don't know how you are supposed to get in and out without a stool. And I am not that short! But it rode like a dream and E and I spent the drive chatting away about all sorts of things, stopping when we needed a snack (Arby's!), and enjoying the beauty that can only be Montana. It is one of the prettiest drives in the state. The colors are just starting to change and the transition from mountains to prairie is incredible. What a treat! We didn't spend much time in G.Falls once our chairs were loaded and tied down.


We took a turn around Pier 1, grabbed some coffee and headed back home to the sound of Country music. I am not a big fan, but it just seemed fittin' when you are driving a pick-up. Got home by dinner time and tho tired, I was sad to see my road trip end. Not only did I get my chairs, but I spent the most incredible day with my best friend.
Always, Kit


6 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! What a beautiful story about some super comfy looking chairs that you will always remember! Super cool!

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, what a great way to spend a day and congrats on scoring those chairs. They looks very comfy and like you will stay toasty warm in them this winter! Ann

Cheryl said...

Nothing like a goal accomplished is there? The chairs look wonderfuly deep and comfortable and I do like that little quilt too.

Zuzu said...

Fun! Enjoy those comfy chairs!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

oldgreymare said...

You wild and crazy gals! lol
I frequently, well not so frequently any more..Ok used to ....drive with gals pals to CA shopping for the day..about 90- 10 hours round trip. All the laughter and good eats made the time fly :D

xxx
z

Cindy said...

Kit, I love this story! I love going on road trips with my sister, daughter or friends. We laugh, cry and sing to the top of our lungs. Such great memories and I know you will love your new chairs!!