August

August

Friday, September 16, 2011

Grizzlies!

When you live in mountain country you have to contend with a lot. But it is worth it for the scenery, the snow and the GRIZ! Tho they can be unpredictable; you can't help but love them, you want to watch them, and you just can't help but run right up to them and give them a high five and a slap on the arm. Yes, I am an avid GRIZ friend and supporter. But before you worry about me being killed or torn limb from limb, I don't mean this kind...


I mean this kind...


Aren't they gorgeous? My boys. The guys that put the meaning in my Fall Saturdays. 6 home games a year, I don my maroon and silver, grab my snacks, car flag and my hubby and head to Washington-Grizzly Stadium. From the walk across campus to watching the team enter thru the tunnel, it is an afternoon of excitement and immense fun. I get a huge feeling of pride when we play well and if we win (which is often) we get the added pleasure of having the team come right up to the stands and sing our fight song. And as those silver helmets bob up and down to the beat of "Up with Montana Boys!", I am spent, and hoarse and feeling oh so good. Go Griz!
Always, Kit

7 comments:

Floss said...

I can't decide which photo is scariest! Your boys are a formidable bunch... Go Griz!

Diane said...

So would you say you like Grizzlies football?

Hope it's a wonderful day and game. It's sprinkling here. Diane

iSavortheWeekend said...

Great post!! I'm with you, football, friends, good food and a chill in the air!! That's why I Savor the Weekends!! :) Here's wishing you the best from Flames Nation (Liberty)! :)

Liz said...

Enjoy! :)

~Liz

Vicki said...

Enjoy! We are soaking up some SEC football tonight ourselves. Gator country here.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Heya Kit....!

I hope this note finds you well Lovey....!

THANKS so much for popping over....PLEASE forgive my lack of visits of late....I'm 'all over the place' at the moment....!!

I had a moment of concern when I spied you FURRY grizzly....Though my frown was QUICKLY replaced with a big smile when I realised you were talking about football.... :o) !!

I can only imagine what a WONDERFUL experience it must be to have your 'boys' singing the fight song at the fence line....GO GRIZ INDEED....!!

Have a WONDERFUL week....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah xx

Zuzu said...

Oh my! At first I really thought you had grizzlie grizzlies - have fun at the games!!! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu