December

December
(internet)

Monday, September 5, 2011

First Week went off, with few Hitches!

I survived! And flourished. But I am always glad that the Labor Day weekend is there to give me a much needed rest-up. It was great to see all the kids; the old and the new. The teachers were up and we were all ready to start a brand new year. I had my kitchen and lunch room all set and my shelves were filled with food.
Let the fun begin!


Blank slate Kitchen! (click on pics to enlarge)

Let's make it pretty. Apple table cloths, flower arrangements in old soup cans, and a "labeled" bulletin board!

I love COLOR! I can't make tasty food without it....LOL Throw in some paper balls, magnets from all over the world and some lovely posters. And that makes me.....


one very happy cook!
Always, Kit

I am linking to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Kit, how darling!... I'll bet the kids just adore you!... Happy Labor Day... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kit ~ I love seeing your happy kitchen. What a wonderful place to work and I'm sure the joy you spread around is appreciated by everyone.

    Love and hugs to you dear heart.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were a teacher when I read your previous post about your back to school pack yur daughter gave you, but now I see you do the food, lunches? that is sooo cool. The kids must love you and the school must be so happy to have you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! Anyone would love the food you prepare in that cheerful place! Blessings on the upcoming week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is so cheerful! It must be a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, what a wonderful transformation! And your self-portrait is spot-on! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy environment you have creative for your school community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paper balls are wonderful! Did you make them? If so, I must know how! It all looks great. I wish our school had you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you have made your space so warm and inviting! I'll bet the kids will never want to leave. :) Thanks for sharing at MM> :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen looks so great! I'm impressed with the amount of work you put into it. It always looks fab and I'm sure the kids just adore it. Yay for some color and fun! That's what schools should be about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a difference your decorations make! I should have taken before and after pics in the library. It looks so much better with the fabric I put up on the bulletin boards - you'll have to come and see it! :)

    ReplyDelete