August

August

Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I am loving right now.

1. Paint. A simple can of Polliwog green paint. I just love how you can have one color on a given wall (in this case red) and in a moment it is changed to the most soothing pretty green. Instant decor!

2. High Summer. Oh it is so glorious out. Hot and sunny one day, thunderstorms the next. Projects are winding up. Time for reading and a little bit of relaxing. And everything is still sooooo green .

3. A Meat Packers Metal Table???? Found at a yard sale, this is a piece you would find in a magazine in one of those incredible New York City lofts being used as a coffee table. I love it. But I am not sure what to do with it just yet. But I knew it had style and for 5 bucks, I had to have it.

4. Cruising around Montana. I cannot get enough of my wonderful state. I want to drive to each corner and feel the breeze in my tangled hair, and smell the pine (and oft times skunks too) and watch the countryside fly by.

5. The Little House Books. I have one more to go and then I will have read them all again for the 5th time. I can't help it, I just love them. I know life back then was very hard indeed, but her descriptions of the simple life makes me yearn. And after I read a book; I spread out a clean table cover, bake some cookies and sit down to sew. Now if I could just get my husband to learn how to fiddle, the picture would be complete. :)

What are you loving right now? Always, Kit


4 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Good morning Kit ~ What a happy post! I feel like I'm right there with you enjoying it all.

I'm going to see if our library has The Little House series. It sounds like something I would really enjoy right now.

Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

The Boston Lady said...

I am loving that picture at the header of your blog! Did you post about that - it is beautiful! And I love Little House - the one I remember most was the Long Hard Winter one when Pa and Laura had to twist hay for the fire. Didn't read them as a child. My daughter and I read them together when she was about 9. I love the feeling remembering that gives me - thanks! Ann

Susan said...

Hello Kit...Love your optimism and hilarious sense of humor. I have the whole set of Little House books from many years ago. Newer ones have come out but I like the oldies the best. Hope your hubs will learn that fiddle someday! Yee hah! Susan

Savories of Life said...

What a great post. I too and my sisters are all into the little hosue books again! Come and see my giveaway!!