March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Transitions

Sorry I have been absent. My summer vacation is coming to a close and I have to turn my mind elsewhere for just a bit. School starts on Monday, Aug 29th and I have a lot to do to prepare my kitchen for the new year. But before I actually return to my space tomorrow, I have been busy with meetings, bulletins, lists, and creating new decorations to enhance my customers eating experience....LOL What you see here is your basic kitchen and while it is pleasant and serviceable and most of the other kitchens always look like this, I am afraid mine has to have a little flair. And COLOR! And warmth. So that when a kid is having a bad day and needs a cookie and smile, he knows just where to head. So off I go, (creating flower arrangements) and come on back to see the after pictures of a workplace transformed. Always, Kit

Linking to Good Life Wednesdays at A Beach Cottage!

8 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

I love that you decorate your space! I wish more staff and faculty did that! It definitely creates a warm and welcome place for a high schooler. :)

FlowerLady said...

I can hardly wait to see the transformation. It is always a treat to see your work kitchen and the love and joy and color that you spread around for all to enjoy and be blessed by.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Floss said...

This is a great idea - I can't wait to see what you do!

Diane said...

With some of the things I hear about the new eating plans for kids in schools it's nice to know that you have such a sweet heart Kit.

I've heard of the new government school lunch ideas and I think they stink! I know how much I looked forward to the school lunch and was almost caved in by the time we got to the lunchroom. Keep up the good work and cookies!

oldgreymare said...

Environment and attitude are so important to our children. I believe many adults have forgotten this and lead by bad example in front of everyone's children.
thank goodness there are still adults who lead by good example.
Way to go KIt!
xx
z

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I can't wait to see the transformation!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, oooh, I'll bet the kids just adore you! You are so kind~hearted and fun... enjoy your days back with the little ones... xoxo Julie Marie

Laurie said...

I have warm memories of the meals and the hands that made them at the many schools I taught at, Kit, and I know I would have enjoyed working with you and the sunshine you bring to all. I can't wait to see the after pics!!