June

June

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The First Day of School!

I was excited. I was sleepy (why oh why did I not "practice" getting up early the week before!). I was nervous. How would the day pan out? Would I be ready to serve my kids? Would I remember all their names? Well, how could it not be the most perfect day when it started with a surprise gift from my youngest. She sent me on my way to school with a Back to School goodie bag. I am so spoiled. And I love it! It was decorated so nicely (I adore school buses!) and filled with everything I would need to survive my first day. Plus, a wonderful card and her well wishes that had me reaching for a tissue. Let's take a look inside............

Everything I need to make my forms and order sheets beautiful! And look at those stickers, perfect for this Head Cook.


When the day is getting long; a juice box, and some snacks are needed and once I am ready to leave for the day, I have my new lip balm with tin, and Vaseline to keep my hands soft and supple.

So perfect and so much fun to get! Thanks E, you made going back to school the best thing ever!
Always, Kit



5 comments:

FlowerLady said...

What a lovely, thoughtful gift from E. Enjoy the new school year Kit. I know your kids are going to love seeing you again and vice versa.

FlowerLady

Cheryl De Beer said...

How delightfully thoughtful was that gift! So sweet. I love your passion for what you do, you sound like a really good teacher - enjoy every minute!
Cheryl

Zuzu said...

Ahhhh, this is sooo sweet! :)

Thank you for the hugs - they really, really help.

Have a happy one, Kit.
~ Zuzu

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

It's the little things like that that make everything worth while.

E. Charlotte said...

I'm so glad you loved your goodie lunch bag! Always so fun to put together, roaming the stores and finding all the fun supplies I had as a kid. Makes me smile! :) Love you!