October

October
(internet)

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicks N' Chaps!

My daughter and I participated in an All Women's Rodeo Clinic last week and it was a hoot! It is a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research and we along with 248 other crazy ladies learned all there was to know about rodeos, hunky cowboys and Coors Lite. Pink was the color of the day and we all wore it proudly. The day was filled with silent and live auctions, wonderful food and drink, a chance to try out some rodeo techniques and participation in the pre-rodeo entertainment. This was awesome! We ran out into the arena in front of the crowd wearing pink gloves and holding a pink cup, where we created a huge pink ribbon and danced to the song, Raise your Glass by Pink! Who else of course. OMG! I never laughed so hard. You can't take a bunch of women, have them practice a routine for 15 min. and expect them to remember it, especially with the amount of beer we were consuming...LOL And I hear a You Tube video is being made and when that is available I will post it. Flubs and all. Enjoy the pics. Just some of the highlights. Always, Kit





The End!

I am linking to The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Love love love it! We had such a blast! Great photos!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit...
    Don't know if this will post or not. Having some difficulty leaving comments on some blogs.

    Your "pink" event sounded like a blast.

    I wanted to ask you something. How did you adhere the pieces on your glass panes? The one shown in your header? I'm just in love with that and am saving marbles, pebbles, etc. But how did you glue them on? What kind of glue? If you could answer, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this sounds like just tooooo much fun WOOT!

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful fun!..and for the greatest cause(breast cancer),thanks for sharing,especially "the end".
    teeehe
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly looks and sounds like you had a blast. But, where or where is a picture of our Kit? Looking forward to seeing the youtube video.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event! You got some great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that cupcake with the chocolate Stetson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! Cowboys and cupcakes!!! YUM YUM YUM!!! So gald you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink chaps. Now I've seen it all. How do I get me a pair? :)

    ReplyDelete