October

October
(internet)

Monday, July 25, 2011

"Paint your Wag....Cows!"

Forget about wagons, let's paint some cows! Yep, you heard right. Here in Montana we paint our cows. I am just funnin' with ya. But in truth, here in my yard that is exactly what I do. A pretty painted mug, a new house, a bare ugly wall and an idea. That is all it took, oh and some paint. And one of those "thingys' that enlarge pictures and you can project them anywhere you like. Hubby traced the pattern and I got to work. Even took that years Christmas picture with our brand new "pets". We were the talk of the neighborhood.




Well, it has been 20 years and I think I have touched them up once (the beauty of a North facing wall) but this year, they were looking a bit rough, so out came the paint. The area has morphed over the past years, and they are a bit more hidden from view, but I still love them. And they are still the talk of the neighborhood!





Always, Kit

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kit, oooh I love your cows!!! And you whole yard is just charming... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cows are beautiful. I love the real look of them and they look even better in the last picture - they look like they got into the flowers. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cows, Kit...what a good job you did! I love how the greenery has grown up around them, and your family photo in front of the wall is just charming. Wouldn't it be fun to do another shot now, and post the two pictures together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those cows. America and the UK - yes. France, no, sadly. The French are just so bloomin' grown up all the time... One or two of them have commented how much they admire our 'Anglo-Saxon' ability to remain childlike!

    ReplyDelete