December

December
(internet)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Birthdays, always a time to Celebrate!

The big event came on July 19, 1985 at 11:17 in the morning. I spent the whole night before in labor all on my own, just the way I wanted it, so I could savor the feelings. My daughter and I, curled up on the sofa; reading, embroidering and bonding. We chatted and shared dreams, and cherished those last hours totally connected to each other, as close as two people can be.



Now 26 years later, it is hard to believe and wonderful to realize, that we are still so very close to each other. I am so very lucky to have such a lovely young lady, who is funny, smart and beautiful, and so very kind. She does me proud. We are each others BFF's (Best friends forever!) and can't seem to go two days without seeing each other for a trip to Taco Bell and a major chat fest! We celebrated her special day on Tues. with a rip roarin' good time of Cowboys and Horses. I love themed birthdays and this one was fun; with cowboy hats, bandanas and of course jerky! In a tribute to Spaghetti Westerns, we had dinner at a local Italian restaurant (Ciao Mambo) and finished up the evening drinking root beer and eating cake. Because of course that is what cowboys do around the campfire after a hard day of roping cattle....LOL What a fun time and always great to get the 4 of us together again. But even more so, having my "baby" with me on our special day. Happy Birthday E! LYS

Always, Kit



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful - wonderful posting - made me all warm & fuzzy!

    Love leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a little choked up! A truely wonderful posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday E! What a beautiful story and a beautiful daughter... I love that you are all such a close family... like mine... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kit ~ That was a lovely post and makes me feel like I really missed out when I was born.

    The love that you, your DH and daughter's share is priceless and touches me heart and soul every time I read about it.

    Happy Birthday to you dear Friend,

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. I'm so glad that you two have such a warm and wonderful relationship. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a fun post! E was a such a pretty baby, and is an even more pretty lady these days! You are a wonderful momma! I love all the stories E shares with me! I really admire your relationship! Much love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is a charming post...I love it! How lucky you and your daughter are to have each other...you clearly knew you were blessed as soon as you laid eyes on that bright and wise little face, and what a beauty she is now!

    The birthday celebration sounds like a blast. Funny that you mention Taco Bell...when my menfolk suggested grand places we might go for my b-day dinner, they were amused when I requested Taco Bell. I would never be able to convince them to dress up, however!

    Thanks for your lovely visit, Kit...all best wishes to you and the family...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit...what a beautiful girl! My daughter, Adrienne, was born in October of 1984. She's been a blessing to me ever since. Nothing more wonderful than a daughter who grows up to be all the things you hope and pray she'll be.

    Happy Birthday a little late!

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, you are so, so lucky to have one another!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter, Kit!

    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete