July

July

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What I am Loving Right Now

Wow, what a difference a week makes. This town was getting mighty sad about our lack of warm days and drab brown trees. But now, it is sunny, warm and the world is again wrapped in green! This makes me very happy and makes me reflect on just what is making my heart sing right now.

1. Green, green, and more green! When you have 7 months of Winter, adding another color besides grey or white to the pallet is amazing. Everywhere you look, the trees have this incredible lime green show going on. Just beautiful!

2. Yard Sales! Went to my second of the year today and found some great treasures. Milk glass, Fancy writing paper, a lovely bracelet and a Sterling Silver flatware set. Which is ornate and pretty and I got it for a song. At the same estate sale, my hubby got an old movie projector for FREE! And it works. But I like it for it's vintage style. Think I will find a home for it in the living room.

3. Working Outside. I am giddy with energy. This year I am loving the process of getting my house and yard ready for the Summer Season. Unlike last year when it was all I could do, to just mow the lawn. I have washed all the windows, scraped the front step for painting, mowed and trimmed. Cleaned the garden beds and put out my yard art. Whew~ but it has been fun. And I am looking forward to re-painting the outdoor furniture, creating a new glass art piece, and putting in a new garden bed.

4. Having NO plans. I am not a joiner. No clubs, no regular lunch dates, NO meetings. For the first time in a long time, my time is my own. And I love it. Except for work (and that I adore) I can come and go as I want and when I want. Garden, read, cook or not cook. Put my grubbies on and just plunk myself down on a chair and write. Run out to see my girls or not. Freedom and marching to one's own tune is priceless.

Off I go. Think I will head out to my garden shop and do some dreaming. :)

Always, Kit


8 comments:

Jen said...

This weather (sans wind) has been amazing, hasn't it?! I so love that the trees are starting to bloom! And I love that you have no plans, its such a wonderful feeling! You deserve it all, Kit, you're a wonderful lady and I hope you know it! <3

Diane said...

Well, you just named off all the things I love about this time of the year, too. The only two days we had beautiful sunshine this last week I had a bug and wished it was gloomy and icky like me. But now I'm better and today I just about wore myself out doing things outside. I think it's going to rain (or something) it's really cold here. Enjoy your spring, I'm going to. Diane

Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, I love your list!... especially about your time being your own... I am kind of a loner, and enjoy time to myself too... Happy Sunday to you my friend... xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

What a good list! I love all those things too. I got so much done outside today amongst all that green foliage. Loved it! :D

bj said...

Hi, Kit, thanks so much for coming over. I just tried to follow you but the link isn't working right now. I'll come back, tho.
I know how much you are lovin' your free life...meeee, too!!:))
xo bj

Rustique Gal said...

Kit, I love this post-we must be really alike. I miss green so much in the winter, and when it burst forth a couple of weeks ago, I was in heaven. We have not had many sunny days yet, it is raining for 5 or 6 days of every week, I have enjoyed working on my porch and getting plants in the pots and listening to the Peepers. Have a wonderful week!
Sherry

24 Corners said...

Your list sounds perfect! It's amazing what a little sun, warmth and greenery will do for a soul.
Happy late spring!
xo J~

Zuzu said...

Wow - I like your list, Kit! :)

I haven't been by to leave a comment here at your blog in a while (I think it's some setting on my browser), but wanted to let you know that I'm still following along with your blog. I'm visiting you from my local library right now so I can leave you a comment!

Take care and enjoy Spring!
Zuzu