May

May
(internet)

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sooooo Busy!

Whew, it has been a whirlwind of busyness lately. With the arrival of my favorite month ever,(okay I am a little bit prejudiced since I was born in May) I have been going non-stop. Our family always kicks off May with our annual family trip to Spokane, Washington for Bloomsday. A seven mile race that the 4 of us have done at various times. Hubby leads with having run it in less than 53 minutes for the last 20 years. I walked it one year and that was enough for me, I could barely get into the car at the end my calves hurt so much, but I do still covet the Finisher t-shirt that I was awarded. This is one of the few races that you have to earn the shirt and the design of it is kept uber secret.

We always arrive a day early and wander all over the downtown area and park seeing the sites. This year we stayed at the gorgeous Davenport Hotel, oh my, what an incredible place. Such a posh atmosphere and it makes one feel like you have been transported back in time. I am still a big fan of the IMAX theater (first time I saw one was at the Spokane Worlds Fair) and we got to see Born to Be Wild, about orangutans and elephants. On to the best book store in the world! Aunties. The best toy store and trinket shop, Boo Radleys. And of course to carbo load up for the race (even tho I was only going to be drinking coffee and strolling) the restaurant of choice is The Olive Garden. All of it was such fun. And then the next day my hubby and youngest girl (she in gold lame tights) did so well in the race, while my oldest girl and I munched pastry and drank coffee and cheered on the Kenyans. The park filled with thousands of people (hear tell, 51 thousand runners ran) the sun shone and everyone was having such a great time. For as far as you could see, the world was awash in yellow Finisher t-shirts, tired limbs and huge smiles. This is my kind of party.
Always, Kit


Finally some sunshine!




Aunties Book Store


Inside the Davenport




My winners





Linking to A Few of my Favorite Things

2 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

That trip rocked! Always such a fun weekend away! :)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That sounds like a wonderful weekend, and your photos make it all look so inviting. Congrats to your husband and daughter. i would have been with you and your other daughter, munching pastry! Thank you so much for linking to Favorite Things. laurie