March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A School Bus Birthday!

I turned 56 on Thursday. In a nutshell, it was fantastic! The pictures will tell the story, but I have to give you a little background. I LOVE school buses. And I LOVE school buses when they are in a group and driving down the road in a "school bus parade". It makes me cry. Go figure....LOL For the birthdays in our family we have themes. My youngest (Life Among Mountains) chose my theme and you guessed it, this year it was School Buses. But the most incredible part of the event was, she contacted the company who owns the school buses in our town and posed a particular idea to them. Could they have three buses drive by her Mom's house on her Mom's birthday at a certain time? It was a first. But they were up to the challenge. They worked with her closely on the details and said they would be happy to. So at the right time, my little girl took me outside (I had no idea what was up) and as I looked to the West, here came my very own "parade" with flashing lights, horns honking and a banner on the first bus wishing me a Happy Birthday. My daughter says, that she will always remember the look on my face as I realized what was happening. I was laughing and crying and clapping all at the same time. When they made their second loop, the drivers all got out and gave me a present of a school bus mug and pen, and the singing of Happy Birthday. It was spectacular! My girl sure knows how to make one Mommy feel ever so special. Thank you sweetie! LYS




Always, Kit
I am linking to The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!

7 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Oh my gosh, this brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful birthday surprise.

Belated Happy Birthday dear KK, Kit.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

E. Charlotte said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your school bus parade! It was so much fun to plan. Now you know why I just couldn't wait for your Birthday! :D Love you!

Lorrie said...

What a great birthday! Such a sweet daughter to arrange a school bus parade.
Happy Birthday to you!

Snap said...

First, Happy Birthday. What a surprise! I'd say that must have been the perfect birthday gift. Too wonderful! Happy Monday!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

How wonderful!!! What a thoughtful daughter!!! My hat is off to both of you...Happy Birthday and have a beautiful week!!!

Diane said...

That was a wonderful and unique surprise. Daughters just know what you like!! Happy Birthday Kit! Diane

oldgreymare said...

sitting here catching up with you and all misty eyed.
sooooooooooooooooooooo very special...

what a girl you've got!
You are a special Mama to be so loved!
xxx
z