March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Friday, April 1, 2011

Photo Challenge ~ Door

The door I wanted to feature, I can't find the photo anywhere. How frustrating. So coming in at second place and a huge labor of love is the door to my husband's shop. (Once our garage) This was a project I started two summer's ago and summer is not the best time to be painting on a south facing bright white wall. It's a wonder I am not blind! I had to get up at the crack of dawn and paint all one color. Let it dry, re coat and so on and so forth. And that was after I taped all the lines to keep it crisp and tidy. Then of course I couldn't leave the tape on in the heat of the sun, so that all had to be pulled off daily. To make matters worse, most of the properties in our town, have alleys that run behind them, and mine is no exception, so folks would zoom down the alley, giving me strange looks and kicking up lots of dust and dirt. Oy! But I have to admit, in the end I am really glad I did it and I must say, I think I have the prettiest garage door in town. :) Head on over to Razmaztaz to see some other lovely doors! Always, Kit

8 comments:

retha said...

So very laborious! But it is something you can be proud of.

Razmataz said...

Gorgeous....so intricate. What a fine job you did on that.

Elyse said...

wow, kit -- that is beautiful! i can just imagine all of the glare you had to deal with -- ouch! it looks wonderful. reminds me of pennsylvania dutch.

thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

happy weekend!

xo
elyse

oldgreymare said...

How special is that! Like having a quilt hanging on the line in the sunshine each day :D

xx
z

E. Charlotte said...

I love your garage door! I can't imagine being back their painting in the heat! Came out great. :D

mollygolver said...

The patterns are gorgeous. Well worth the labour of love involved!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, I love that door!... it looks just like a beautiful vintage quilt!... xoxo Julie Marie

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Kit,
Wow that is pretty amazing...I can't believe you had to tape and untape each day. Hours and hours of work there!

Have a wonderful week ~Natalie