April

April
(internet)

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mosaic Monday ~ Chicks

I have always wanted to go to the supply store in the Spring, when the chicks come in and I never have. All these years in Montana and to not have held a darling soft fluffy beautifully yellow chick? This needed to be rectified and right away. Grabbed the daughter and we headed for Quality Supply. They had all these metal containers and inside were peeping, flapping fluffs of gorgeous yellow. I was so excited and a little afraid to try and pick one up. They kept running away, and I didn't want to hurt them. But finally a little one took pity on me (actually, he was a bit slow) and it was such a great sensation to hold and stroke this little being. (no wonder I have never liked to eat chicken) I just stood there and grinned. Once I got braver, I even managed to pick up a baby duckling too. What an incredibly fun event! Please join Little Red House for more lovely mosaics. Always, Kit

6 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Tweet tweet tweet!Darling little chicks!

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. The chicks are darling. Good for you for making your dream come true. I'm visiting from Mosaic Monday. Hope you can stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi.'
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

Wendy said...

Awww...... enjoy! How wonderful!

Snap said...

What fun! I love baby chicks and ducks ... they represent Spring for me. looks like a wonderful day. happy Monday!

Diane said...

Very sweet pictures Kit. My grandma had chickens when I was growing up. Sometimes she would let me hold a baby chick (under strict supervision) and I remember the sensation you describe. Thanks for reminding me. Diane

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

How cute!!! I love baby chicks :D