June

June

Sunday, March 13, 2011

We have Sunshine!

This weekend I finally washed my car. It has been a very long winter and finally we had a day of 50 degree temps. Yippee! And today, another glorious day of sun. Maybe more of those piles of white stuff will melt and reveal little green shoots. Boy is my yard a mess. Old leaves, brittle stems, and little cat "treasures". I can't be mad at him, I wouldn't want to head very far from the house either when it is -15 . Folks are moving about with smiles. Our neighbors are moving, the little boys on the corner have brought their bikes out and I have finally witnessed my first robin! Yes! I was indeed jumping up and down and clapping with glee. Off I go, to throw open the windows and sit on the backstep and plan. Gardening season here I come!


Not this kind!


This kind.

Always, Kit

7 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

LOL! Love your photo choices. :D I too am enjoying all this sun. Though my yard looks a mess too. The white stuff was so pretty! Ha ha. I'm psyched for warm weather though :)

Tins and Treasures said...

I'm glad you are getting a little taste of spring...and I hope you are sending it our way!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit... love your first Robin! (the real kind!)... so happy you are getting some Springtime weather... I think we are finally warming up some, I can hardly wait to dig in to my garden too!... xoxo Julie Marie

FlowerLady said...

Dear Kit ~ So glad that you are starting to see bits of spring coming to your lovely place.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

24 Corners said...

You beat us here in the PNW with 50*...we should have been seeing those temps a month ago! I think our yards are looking the same though...AND, our neighbor's kitty leaves us loads of cat treasures...right outside our front door (so yuck)!
Thank you for your very sweet comments over at 24C...and Happy Almost Spring!!
xo J~

Lynette Killam said...

Loved your robin joke, Kit...a giggle is always a great way to start off the week! We don't get much snow here on the west coast of Canada, but the gray, leaden skies and constant drizzle get tiresome, even if it is easier to get around in than snow!

Yay for spring on its way...:)

Lynette
Imagination Lane

Diane said...

Remember - you live in Montana. Keep your boots and coat handy just in case!!