October

October
(internet)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Photo Challenge ~ People!

This photo was one snapped on a trip to California last summer for my daughter's birthday. It was our last night and we were watching the wonderful light show called World of Color. Thousands of people gathered for hours to get the perfect spot and we met a lovely couple from San Diego who had woken their son up earlier that day and said, "Happy Birthday we are taking you to Disneyland." They were standing in front of us (see Man in glasses to the right) and we had a wonderful chat before the show started. Toward the end of the show, my daughter's glasses broke and we lost one of the arms. I tried to find it using the light from my cell phone but no luck. When the lights came back up after the show, the couple noticed we were searching for something and offered to help. And help they did. Turned out her "arm" landed in the back of their stroller. Go figure! Whenever I look at this photo it makes me think of the kindness of strangers and how just by being friendly and kind, a situation was completely turned around. Plus, isn't it pretty? :)


Please visit Chania over at Razmataz to see other great photos of People!
Always, Kit

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is sooo pretty, and isn't it a blessing to meet nice people.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the detail visible in the person with the glasses.
    Their kindness makes the memory of the birthday even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is pretty Kit, I like that yoy can make out heads in the front and the gorgeous lights in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this picture! It reminds me of that awesome night and those wonderful people! What a trip that was. :) Loved it! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete