December

December
(internet)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh Deer! ~ Mosaic Monday

We had a surprise guest this weekend at our house. Hubby went out to his shop and lo and behold, sleeping behind my garden shed was a cute and very big Mule Deer. He called me to come out and I was so excited, they are usually found in yards in the University area, or up the Rattlesnake or near the river, but never where I live. Mid town. Of course, he wasn't as tickled as me to be greeted and so tried to flee and we let him. He headed North and I was sad. The excitement was over. I had always wanted to find a deer in my yard and now I had and it was done. But not so fast, seems he kinda liked my dead weeds, a couple frozen apples and the confines of my back yard. He returned and spent the night and enjoyed the added pleasure of discovering all my bird feeders, (note to self: pick up more seed!) and even took a nap right next to our backdoor. I had such fun taking pictures and watching his every move. How in the world can they jump so quickly and high without a running start? Anyway, with the evening he has left. And I hope he has returned to the river or Blue Mountain. I will miss him, but with Spring coming my bushes wouldn't have stood a chance!

Go over to the "Little Red House" for more wonderful mosaics!

Always, Kit

13 comments:

  1. I understand the thrill of finding a deer in the garden - but now I like to see them from the other side of the fence after losing one shrub too many!
    They really are beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD....how amazing. What a gorgeous creature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer are pretty and graceful, but oh, the havoc they wreak on landscaping. Fence building is in our future this spring if we hope to have any garden at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really neat. I do hope he found his way back home though.

    Happy Valentine's Day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! What a great experience! I'm so glad to hear that he stayed a while. You must have connected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful encounter in your garden. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope he found his way home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did catch some great photos of him!
    http://dawntreader-picturebook2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that would be amazing. Thrilled you got some snaps & he got some treats.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful! What a wonderful visitor! I popped over from Mosaic Monday to say hello! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Kit, what a precious little face! I am so happy he came back to visit you and let you photograph him... I love him!... he knows a nice place when he finds one!... thank you for sharing his story and pictures!... Happy Valentines Day to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooooo cool! They are so big and beautiful up close. I can't believe you ended up with one in your yard! After all these years! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! How beautiful and wonderful. Lucky you.

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful thing to check off your bucket list! How beautiful.



    Joy...always

    ReplyDelete