Monday, February 28, 2011
Friday, February 25, 2011
This photo was one snapped on a trip to California last summer for my daughter's birthday. It was our last night and we were watching the wonderful light show called World of Color. Thousands of people gathered for hours to get the perfect spot and we met a lovely couple from San Diego who had woken their son up earlier that day and said, "Happy Birthday we are taking you to Disneyland." They were standing in front of us (see Man in glasses to the right) and we had a wonderful chat before the show started. Toward the end of the show, my daughter's glasses broke and we lost one of the arms. I tried to find it using the light from my cell phone but no luck. When the lights came back up after the show, the couple noticed we were searching for something and offered to help. And help they did. Turned out her "arm" landed in the back of their stroller. Go figure! Whenever I look at this photo it makes me think of the kindness of strangers and how just by being friendly and kind, a situation was completely turned around. Plus, isn't it pretty? :)
Please visit Chania over at Razmataz to see other great photos of People!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Go over to the "Little Red House" for more wonderful mosaics!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
What I am loving right now is...
1) The anticipation of two days off. No real plans, but a wish to do a little reading, check a few things off my "to do" list and bake my favorite cookies.
2) The show, Modern Family. Oh what a treat to finally find a new show that is cleverly written and so very funny! They just won the SAG for best comedy. Yeah!
3) I am on a King Sister kick, you know the family from Utah with the bee hive hairdos and the best 4 part harmony ever? Ever since Christmas I can't stop playing videos on You tube and I just ordered their DVD and CD. It takes me back to my childhood and their incredible specials.
4) My new haircut. I feel sassy and young. Amazing what a couple of inches off can do, I feel ready to take on the world! Or at least Western Montana.
5) Buying special little items on Etsy from some of my wonderful blogging friends. You guys are soooo talented! From lavender stuffed hearts to necklaces to note cards. Wow, I may never have to step into a store ever again.
6) And finally, all this wonderful snowy, cold weather that Mother Nature has given us. It will really help, come "fire season" (yes, we have a season just for that), our ski resorts are having a great year and it is just so darn pretty.
What are you loving?