August

August

Monday, January 17, 2011

A very English sort of Day!

I spent yesterday with my youngest and we had a unique and fun day. What did we do? Why we played a special game and ate way too many sweets....LOL Let me expand a bit on that. For Christmas my girl spied in the back of Victoria Magazine (my most fav publication!) and then bought for my gift, the game Pride and Prejudice. A game derived from my favorite book and series. How cool is that? She was so excited to give it to me and I loved receiving it.


We set aside yesterday to play, but first we had to set the mood. We bought some Walker's Shortbread, I brewed the tea and dug around for the DVD of the series of Pride and Prejudice (the version I think is the best) and I ordered a rainy cold London-y kind of day to help set the stage.

The game is cute and fun and as you go around the board you collect shillings, and tokens and answer questions about the book, and the main objective? To get your man to the altar, of course!....LOL I got to be Lizzy and Mr. Darcy but alas, Jane and Mr. Bingley made it to the church on time.


We had the show on in the background, which helped with a few of the questions, and when we were done with the game, we curled up on the sofa and continued to watch the trials and tribulations of the Bennet clan. So much fun! And today I think I will continue to watch the series, gaze out at the rain and work on my embroidery like a good Jane Austen heroine. :)

11 comments:

Cottage Tails said...

Oh that sounds such a fun day!

Floss said...

What fun! I've never heard of the game, but I agree with you that the BBC series is the definitive version!

E. Charlotte said...

What a fun post! I had such a good time playing our game, eating sweets and pretending to be British. Mee mee mee! :) Thanks for a wonderful Sunday!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... your family has soo much fun together, I love hearing about all of the wonderful things you do as a family... I also LOVE Walkers Shortbread!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anita said...

That sounds like so much fun...nothing like family time! I found you from your daughter's blog, and so glad I did! I love Montana too so much. My aunt and uncle had a ranch near Hardin, then they retired to Columbus. My dad would move there in a heartbeat if my mom would let him.

Glacier Dreaming said...

What a great memory you made that day!

Zuzu said...

Hi Kit,
I have been reading a lot of Jane Austen, Wilkie Collins, and Henry James this winter - so this all sounds perfectly wonderful to me! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What an adorable game. Mr. Darcy~swoon.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a wonderful, sweet, fantastic way to spend a winter's day.

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

What a wonderful day. It's those type of days that really count. Making memories and "playing" We are never to old to play. Thanks again Kit for all your kind words on my blog!
Cheers
Lurena
Tattered Moon

Mallory said...

How fun!! I just finished listening to the audio book and would LOVE to play that game! Def going to start scouring the internet!