December

December
(internet)

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cottage Tails has sent me an Award!


Cottage Tails has a wonderful blog and she sent me an award "to thank me for my great posts" and she said, (and I am blushing), "Kit's blog is another that makes me go aaaaahhh when I visit - all warm & fuzzy!" I am thrilled and very pleased. And coming from her, it means a lot, since her blog is one of my favorites. Thank you Leanne!
So I hear a few things need to be done in order to accept this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Well, I will give this a shot. My seven things are:

1. I am a lover of patterns! Black and White Checkerboard, Plaid (oh how I love plaid!), Bold stripes, especially mixed with Florals. And Polka Dots! Bright red ones.

2. Honest to a fault. Yes, I go back to the store if they haven't charged me for an item. It just isn't good Karma not to. :)

3. I love children. All ages (except maybe that weird age from 7th to 8th grade) but especially teenagers. They are so amazing and act so cool, but I know there is still a little kid living inside them that loves to be cared for.

4. I Hate scary movies. I had a hard time dealing with the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits as a kid, so most of them are off limits to me. The last one I tried, was the Blair Witch Project and I have to tell you, I don't think I will ever go camping in the woods ever again.....LOL

5. I think Disco was the best music ever! It's okay, you can make fun of me. But boy it is great to dance to! "She's a Brick.... House"

6. My happiest times are spent with my daughters and husband, playing board games and laughing.
7. From a sampler I found years ago in an antique store, I have tried to pattern my life. It reads, "Greet the Day with a Song, Make others Happy, Serve Gladly.

Well, I think I may have to cop out a bit on this one, and go halves's with only 7 blogs to award. Quite a few of the blogs I visit are award free and some I am just getting to know. But the ones I just love and I would like to give an award to, are:

1. Cape Cod Rambling Rose When I need to visit the "sea" I just come to this beautiful blog and it soothes my soul. She also makes lovely jewelry and I am the proud owner of a gorgeous ocean inspired bracelet.

2. Idyllhours Julie Marie has such a lovely blog. It speaks to the more feminine side of myself and her photos are wonderful. She is also, so playfull and fun, and always leaves the best comments.

3. Life Among Mountains This is my daughter's blog and she has such a unique and special way of writing and a great eye for taking interesting and beautiful photos.

4. Gone to the Beach Lizzy has another great ocean blog. She has the most lovely crafts and her Etsy store is so much fun. I recently bought some chandelier crystals for my husband and they were awesome.

5. Flowerlady's Musings You will not believe the lovely photography of flowers on this blog, and from her cottage in Florida she makes such lovely beaded art. And she is a very dear and old friend.

6. Pinecones and Roses Dianne is a close neighbor to me being in Wyoming. I love the little snippets I get into her life and she has such a great sense of humor.

7. Child in Harmony Marcia's blog has literally; Everything! From crafts to photos, to wonderful tales about her animals and family.
I hope you will take a moment and go and visit these wonderful ladies. Oh and ladies, if you don't collect awards, don't worry, I understand and it will be fine if you choose to pass it up.
Always, Kit


7 comments:

  1. Thank you Kit, you are an amazing lady, and I loved reading the seven things about you... your blog is so honest and down to earth and it makes me smile each time I visit you... I love reading about your adventures with your daughters... makes me feel like I am right there with you guys!... I will pass on handing the award on, as since I simply could never choose out of all of the beautiful blogs out there who to pass awards on to, I made mine award free last year... I love so many, and yours is a most favorite!... Merci!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to get to know you better.
    I'm off with a cuppa to visit the above blogs
    I too don't do scary movies.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miss K... Wowzers girly....I sure did love reading all those things about YOU! LOVE IT!

    Thank you for visiting...you always bless me when you stop by.

    Love to you~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! You do have a very stylish blog!! :) Thanks for the nomination too. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award! And I am so honored that you've given one to me - thank you!!! Have a lovely holiday Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing one on to me..and your kind words.

    I love all the seven things about you. It's great to know you more.
    happy day!

    ReplyDelete