October

October
(internet)

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Cloudy, Rainy, Wonderful Winter Day!

A lot of folks don't get me. The weather can be down right awful: slushy, wet, cold, gray and gloomy. And I am beaming like the sun we can't see! I call these kind of days, "cozy days". Where all I want to do is be at home, with my fireplace on, a hot cup of tea and a favorite movie playing. I snuggle down in my spot on the couch, the cat sleeping on his chair and my latest embroidery project and I feel like the Queen of the World. I am not in a big rush to get to Spring. Tho a lot of people are. Why wish away the next 4 months of my life waiting for the next season? It will be here soon enough and I will be outside getting the gardens ready and enjoying the balmy breezes. But for now, I intend to pretend I am snowed in, far out in the woods and the only thing I have to do is relax, read, cook a big pot of bean soup and smile.

7 comments:

  1. I like these cozy days too! Nothing like a warm house and a cup of tea with a book. I am in no hurry for Spring either. It will come soon enough. For now I will enjoy the white from inside my toasty home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not rushing away the season either - but I've just come inside from sitting in sun & eating an ice block.

    I agree my winter will be here fast enough & with home schooling I sure appreciate NOT having to go out.

    Love your fire!

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did just that in Montana a few days ago! 12 days of being almost snowed in. I had no tv or computer, I made soup and just messed around the house all day while the rest went skiing. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kit... yes, I am one of those wishing for Spring, although I do not want to wish time away... I do however love your tale of a warm, cozy day by the fire and a pot of bean soup on the stove!... loved your daughter's cozy day post too!... enjoy your peaceful, happy, cozy day!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Kit,
    I agree with you. I really enjoy the four distinct seasons that we have here...and I thinkg that the snow is beautiful.

    Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya know I'm not a winter girl BUT snuggling down in front of a fire with a good book pretending to be snowed in sounds heavenly! I'm so glad you (and E) love winter so, reminds me to be less crabby about it because someone out there is LOVING it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be sittin' right there with ya enjoying a book but a glass of wine though.

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete