December

December
(internet)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wrapping ~ Not Rapping!

One of Christmas's most daunting tasks. I bet Santa is real grateful he has a house full of elves right about now.

But, this is something I like to do. Yes, believe it or not. But the mood has got to be just right, the atmosphere perfect and I have to have the house to myself. The season was continuing on and still no presents had been wrapped in spite of the all in cap's note I made for myself on my holiday list, that said: "WRAP ALL PRESENTS AS THEY ARE BOUGHT!" Uh huh, for 3 years running that hasn't happened. Finally, all the stars aligned last Wed (I had the day off from work) it had snowed the night before, I woke early and turned all my Christmas lights on. It was beautiful! Gathered the papers I wanted to use (this year's theme is trees, mistletoe and wreaths in rich traditional colors), grabbed the box of bows and my new tags and I was ready.


Well, almost. I needed something "holidayish" to entertain me. I slipped my brand new DVD into the player and there it was----from my childhood, a show I have loved forever and have not seen since. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol! Oh my, what a treat and as the songs played I sang along remembering most of the words. "And Razzleberry dressing...." My grin was huge and my pile of presents were finally appearing under the tree, in all their dressed up splendor. It was a perfect morning.






5 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet friend,
    Sounds like the perfect morning to wrap gifts surrounded by so much inspiration. I too, try each year to wrap as I go, but the process is really not as much fun as having a morning like you describe.
    Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comments. So glad you are apart of my blogland world.

    Merry Christmas to you and many blessings in the new year.
    Love and hugs from Texas,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kit, what memories you have just brought back to me!... we always watched Mr. Magoo when I was a little girl and I loved him so!... I want to find that dvd!... I also LOVE that you use traditional wrap and bows... I just hate to see traditions go by the wayside... sounds like a perfect morning you had wrapping all your gifts... Merry Christmas to you my friend!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the wrapping is the most difficult, yet satisfying part of the whole holiday. AND most important: I must be alone with TV on show/DVD of choice. LOL love that Mr. Magoo was your choice! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kit how FABULOUS....I LOVED Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol....Now you have ME smilin' with FOND memories.... :o) !!

    ....hahahahaha....I KNOW what you mean....Though I have added 'requirements' i.e. the planets need to ALIGN due to my OCD wrapping 'issues'....!

    I'll be watchin' the Christmas episode of Shabby Chic when I get around to my prezzies....Though I'll be THINKIN' of Mr Magoo....!!

    I hope you managed to visit your thrift store yesterday & are having a GORGEOUS weekend....!!!!!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ahead of me, Kit, and I loved reading about your perfect day to get the gifts wrapped! I remember many Christmases of locking myself in our bedroom and wrapping everything all at once. I hid all the gifts in our luggage for years and the kids never knew!
    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete