August

August

Monday, December 27, 2010

Table top Tuesday and Rednesday!

This is my first time joining Marty over at A Stroll thru Life for her weekly event. I liked her idea of pics of gifts, tabletops or whatever. I thought as I am about to take down all my Christmas decor, now was a good time to reflect on the holiday in pictures. It was such a lovely holiday and I am sad to see it pass, but also excited for the coming months and what they have to bring. On to the New Year. And new decor! :)





The middle Santa is the new one this year. My husband carves me one every year and tucks it into my stocking. Aren't they fantastic?



Our fibre optic tree, quite the show in the dark. But by day, it is very simple and matches the guest room.



A mercury glass ornie I gave my husband this year. We have a special time just the two of us for this annual tradition. And below is the Steampunk angel he made for me. Awesome!

An ornie I found to celebrate the life of a dear friend who passed away this year is below. It made me smile all season long. It is sooooo her.




Also, linking to It's a Very Cherry World for Rednesday!


18 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... sounds like you had a nice Christmas, your home looks just gorgeous!... what a sweet steampunk angel ornament your hubby made for you!... and I LOVE your collection of Roosters and Roses!!!...thinking of roses, I am excited for Spring now and my gardens once more...love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Tricia@The Dull and the Dutiful said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with the Santas your husband carves himself! I enjoyed seeing your memory-filled ornaments, too.

Shelia said...

What lovely Christmas all around your home. Those special carved Santas from your husband are a true treasure!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

laxsupermom said...

Your husband is so talented! Those Santas are ah-mazing. I love the little VW bus ornament, too.

FlowerLady said...

Love your ornaments and sentiments Kit. I just love your style.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Lovely ornaments! Your Christmas decorations are so inviting. Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Americana Lady said...

You have some unique ornaments! I love the idea of a traditional ornament gift between your husband and yourself! Happy New Year, Joan

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So pretty. All of your decorations are beautiful. Love your hutch, it is fabulous and all of your ornaments are wonderful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh where did you get the VW ornie? My daughter would love it!

Small tidbit~ Miss Marty and I live very close to each other and I have had the pleasure of dining with her. NICE ! :)

E. Charlotte said...

Love your pictures! We had such a great holiday. Your house is always so festive, with all those little touches. :)

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

Welcome to the fun.

Ornaments are to drool for. Looks you had a great Christmas & hope you'll have a Prosperous NY too.

Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
/chie

CalypsoInTheCountry said...

I just love those Santas! Your decorations are really beautiful! Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!

LV said...

I am sure you will come up with some new ideas for 2011. I loved all you shared today.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Lovely ornaments! Very creative!

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

I love your ST. Nick collection! And the peace bug van is adorable.
Gwenny

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh my goodness, I have the sugar bowl from that set of dishes in your first photo! And I've never seen another piece to go along with it since. I love all of your Christmas decor, and are those cinnamon buns in that last shot? Oh my......yummy!
Happy REDnesday and Happy New Year!
Carol

Liz said...

Hi Kit! I bet your home is so pretty. I love that copper chandy. Everything is so cozy and warm.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

~Liz

Cherry Chick said...

Hi Kit....I spy Cherries! Love your little Cherry pitcher and your rolls look absolutely delicious. I made my way over from "It's A Very Cherry World". Thanks for sharing with us on Rednesday.