April

April
(internet)

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Vignettes

Chania over at Razmataz gave us the challenge of showing a vignette of our choice and then asking us the million dollar question, "Can you step back and show us the whole picture?" Well, the answer was yes, but of course I chose not to film my cluttered storage area, or my messy craft room, or the kitchen which does have some dirty dishes in the sink. We all want to show the "pretty" side to our lives. And we all love vignettes. Those little glimpses of our favorite treasures. Besides it is hard to film a whole room and make it look good. So I will have to say I give a big thumbs up to the use of this method of sharing our possessions. And who cares if some of us hide some little white lies. I still will enjoy looking at what you have and not worry about what is lurking in the background. :)

.

Always, Kit


10 comments:

retha said...

I like that green lamp of yours.

Jacqueline said...

I have to say Kit...the rifle was a surprise!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

I love your little vignette Kit, and your entire room looks simply enchanting!... xoxo Julie Marie

Olive Cooper said...

I am not surprised by a rifle in Montana. Your vignette is darling.

E. Charlotte said...

LOL! I love the rifle! I forget that before the tree gets put up there's a big empty spot, that highlights the rifle. Ha ha!! Love the little vignette! I wish people could just walk through your house and look at all the displays. Like my friends from childhood always said "It's like an art museum!" :)

mollygolver said...

Kit - love your pictures! I was fascinated by the 'angel/young lady' in the top picture! I'm still trying to work out whether she's blowing a trumpet or sneaking a tasty snack :0) Mmm?

The Boston Lady said...

My first instinct was that this was an underwater scene! LOL. Just lovely and I love the figure holding the little tree. Ann

Razmataz said...

Kit, this is a lovely post of your vignette and your room. I think the vignette is creative and artistic. Can you imagine if we all showed everything all the time? Blogging wouldn't be as fun for sure.

As Canadians, rifles are always a surprise. Here we have to register with the government and then keep them in a locked gun cabinet, so when we see one out in the living room, we are just not used to it.

Thank you for participating.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I love that sweet little angel. What a cozy corner.

oldgreymare said...

yeah, add me to the rifle loving group above. It stopped me short and then I thought.... I think I'd hang it opposite the window to ward off anyone with bad intentions... : D

xx
z