April

April
(internet)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Festive!

Chania over at Razmataz gave us this week, the word Festive. Well, there is a lot of festive-ness going on at my place but I mixed it up this year a bit with my little village. I have always set it up on our antique Victrola, added silver balls and star lights and green garland. It was a bit boring. But, after the hundredth time I hit the coffee table and my vintage deer fell to the floor, a light bulb went off and I thought, "Hey, why not add them to the village?" Okay, so it gives the village a Godzilla, King Kong effect.( They are out of scale for the size of the houses) But I really like them there and they remind me of the drives that my youngest and I take up the Rattlesnake, where most of the houses have a family of deer living there. So I think it looks more Festive now. What do you think?





11 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Kit, I love it!... the deer look just adorable there... Jack always tells me my villages are not to "scale" either... I am not trying for that... so what if my deer look like they are on steroids... I am happy with them too... have fun decorating, I know you ALWAYS have fun!... xoxo Julie Marie

D.B. said...

I love it! Attack of the 50 foot Deer!!!! This is my kind of decorating.

Kimberlynn said...

It looks great Kit...very festive...and a little whimsical too!!!

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, since I am the Queen of Improvisation when it comes to decorating or being festive, I say it's genius! I like the idea of the reindeer taking over the village for Christmas. Seriously, I think it looks wonderful, cozy and sweet and festive! Love it! Ann

retha said...

Looks very nice, looking carefully one might even see a Gulliver.

Razmataz said...

I think it is quite lovley. I love those starry lights. And very festive. Have a great weekend!

oldgreymare said...

I like your godzilla deer! ..and it gave me a chuckle...

xxx

z

Rebecca said...

Oh Kit~beautiful my friend. I love it all...scale or not. Breathtaking!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Zuzu said...

So fun!!! :)
Wishing you a happy one, Kit!
~ Zuzu

vintagesusie & wings said...

I think it looks fabulous friend!
Thanks for stopping by & visiting my Vintage Christmas. Here's to making new Wonderful Holiday Memories!!
Smiles & Candy Canes,
Susie

Rose Brier Studio said...

Kit,
I like the deer. They have a sort of "Where the Wild Things Are" quality (in the very best way).
It is very festive!
~Marilee