May

May
(internet)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mosaic Monday ~ Christmas Cards!

I just love getting Christmas cards, I listen for the "cha-clunk" of the mailbox lid and eagerly look forward to something besides bills or junk mail. Your news is always welcome and at this time of year I love to hear about holiday plans, and how your family is doing. As I get older, it is inevitable that my card list gets shorter and shorter. We get further away from early contacts, people change to email cards, and sadly; friends or family pass on. But I will always send these little pieces of art, no matter what. I love choosing what card I will send each year. Coordinating the stickers, and even sometimes the stamps....LOL It is a Christmas ritual that I will cherish forever and I hope that when you gaze into your mailbox, you are excited to see a card from me, instead of that nasty bill from the power company. My mosaic are some of the cards I have been blessed to receive this year. Check out the lovely mosaics at http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/



12 comments:

Jill Harrison said...

yes it is so wonderful to receive a hand written card - hand-made cards even better! - thankyou for sharing - and have a wonderful Christmas in the company of those you love.

pam said...

I love the snowman card. Reading your info I'm in awe of a move from New Jersey to Montana...that might have shocked your system. Our family has a cabin up on Flathead Lake. Part of my heart has been left there...it's been a few too many years since we've been up there. Its a bit of a long drive from Kansas City. Ahhhhh....now you've got my mind racing with memories. Merry Christmas!

GrandmaK said...

Lovely mosaic! I love The news that arrives in Christmas cards too! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Cathy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

So pretty Kit... I love sending and receiving cards still too... and I always save them... Merry Christmas to you!... xoxo Julie Marie PS Your header is just precious!

Snap said...

Kit,

I'm with you. I love these little pieces of art we receive this time of year. Merry Christmas to You!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I eagerly look forward to picking the mail up each day wondering who I might here from. There is just something wonderful about pretty snail mail.

Dishesdone said...

Beautiful cards! Love the mosaic! Definitely rather a card than a bill, LOL!

There is nothing like receiving a beautiful card in the mail!
Merry Christmas!

Small City Scenes said...

What a clever idea for a mosaic. MB

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Neat mosaic! I love to get Christmas cards, too. Have a wonderful holiday. ~Cheryl

Zuzu said...

Such a fun mosaic, Kit! I love the cards you chose.
I made English Toffee yesterday and will be making some 'snowball cookies' today - the pecan balls rolled in powdered sugar! Yum!
Hope all is merry & bright at your house!
~ Zuzu

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I do love getting a card but I have found that a lot of people are not sending cards this year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

oldgreymare said...

I sent out about 40 and have received a mere 11 so far. :( Less every year it seems. I love getting them, I even love the missives that some families include and photos.Nice to hear about and see the kiddos growing.

Another thing going by the way side I suppose....

have a merry merry Kit!

xx

z

(still wish you did not have no reply comment lol)