October

October
(internet)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating for the holiday!

Some people might think I am crazy, but for most of the major holidays I change out all my regular decor and slip in all my holiday collectibles. For you, this may sound like an awful amount of work, but for me it is how I express myself and how I like to make others enjoy the season to the fullest. When you walk into my living room, there will be no question that it is Christmas. I also am a traditionalist. No turquoise or lime green balls. No black or mauve garlands. Just Red and Green and lots of it. I use the same decor each year, and when I open those boxes, it is like greeting friends that I haven't seen in awhile. On our Christmas tree, will be approx 300 ornies saved over many many years and I swear each one tells a story. This Saturday my girls will gather at my house for a dessert buffet and we will trim the tree. There will be lots of laughter, reminiscing, eating and when the party is thru, I will have the most beautiful tree in the world! And for one month, my home will be the epitome of Santa Land and I will love it!





5 comments:

  1. Good morning Kit ~ You are helping to get me into the Christmas spirit. I bet you and your girls are looking forward to your tree decorating night.

    Have fun and do take some pictures.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds bliss!!!
    have a good day with your girls.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photo! I can't wait to trim your tree and hang out in your very Christmasy home. I love all your decor and I'm glad to see all my favorite pieces each year. :) Like you said, just like greeting old friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kit, no I don't think you are crazy, I think you are wonderful and I love it!... I am sure your home is looking like a winter wonderland inside, and so cozy and inviting... you know me and traditions... I love the traditional Christmas colors of red and green... I think it is great that you fill your home with all of your beautiful holiday collectibles... it makes everything so happy and creates new memories as well... I like to look at everyones decorating ideas, but always stick with my traditional ones as well... sounds like a fun time at your house!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kit ME TOO....I could have WRITTEN this post....hahahahaha....I have a SERIOUS affection for 1950's Christmas & have FIFTEEN suitcases AND a wooden trunk FILLED to the brim with decorations from that era....!

    Red & green feature predominantly & while I OOH & AHH at neutral toned vintage Christmas decor....I just can't make myself do it....hahahahaha....!!

    Now I won't probably start decorating for a week to ten days but when I do I'll do a post so you can see my Treasures....They ARE indeed like OLD Friends....!!!!!

    Cheers for now Lovey,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete