October

October
(internet)

Friday, November 5, 2010

Photo Challenge! ~ Shadow

Over at Razmataz, our homework was to capture shadow. I had a hard time with this one, I hemmed and hawed and hemmed some more. But just when you least expect it, it hit me. I was preparing the lunchtime meal at work and enjoying the sunshine coming thru my windows. The yellow leaves falling from the maple tree out near the street caught my eye and that's when I saw them ~ Shadows! Of the grate that covers my windows! Always there, but I was blind to them, until I had to search for them.

11 comments:

  1. This has also made me to look for shadows and at it differently.
    Is it a sieve or does the window have a feint pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "moody".....beautiful. Funny how we stop seeing what's right in front of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shot you captured Kit!... love how that grate casts a beautiful shadow... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it neat Kit to find something right before your very eyes, that you didn't see before? Being into photography makes you see so much more.

    Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you are feeling better these days.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit, you have perfect timing! I loved your picture! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Awesome shot. Those are cool shadows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit..
    Beautiful and surreal!!! Have a fab day and thanks so much for popping over my way.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn;t it funny how we often don't see things that we must have been seeign all the time? thank you Kit for joining us today. It is so much fun to see eveyones different takes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Kit!!!

    Yes, the aspen turned mid-Sept. and we're having some snow now off & on. A very pretty and pleasant fall. :) Hope you are enjoying yours as well!

    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh, i love it. I love to find interesting, unusual pictures...thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, and thanks for becoming a follower...welcome.
    glenda@serendipity cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous photo! I love it! Very artistic!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete