August

August

Friday, November 12, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Pattern!

It is that time of the week when my homework is due and I see if I have risen to the challenge. Over at Razmataz, the assignment was Pattern. When I saw that this would be our subject, I was excited. Cause anyone who knows me, knows, my life is all about the patterns. I just love the mix of stripes, checks, florals, plaids; you name it. But I keep to the same color family and I love the punch it adds to a room. This photo shows the bedding I have in my bedroom. The room is done in different shades of green, salmon, and pink. With black accents. I took the picture using no flash and just the light from the nightstand and a slow shutter speed to give the look I see in the evening before I go to sleep. Warm and cozy. Ahhh, nitey nite.








11 comments:

Razmataz said...

Oh Kit, I love your mix of patterns, especially those floral pillow cases. I enjoy it when people throw a good mix together.

retha said...

You are a case in point. It always look so good when others put different of patterns together, but when I try it just does not look right. Have now resigned myself to being a unpatterned person.

FlowerLady said...

Very romantic Kit. I've always enjoyed your patterns, layers of patterns and your mix and match through the years. It makes me think of all the Christmas ornies from you from our swaps way back when.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Liz said...

I love pink roses with black accents! I think you met the challenge! :) (also very ME) :)

~Liz

marcia @Child in Harmony said...

VERY warm and cozy! I love your patterns!

Cool that you work for an alternative high school. I'm into *alternative* anything, especially when it comes to kids and learning. hahaha

I'm right up there with you in years being married! Blissfully??? Hmmmm

happy day!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit, oooh that does look so cozy and inviting... love your quilt and those pillows are so pretty!... sweet dreams... xoxo... Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

I love all the patterns in your home! Always working together in the right way, and adding such flavor and style. :)

D.B. said...

Hey Kit! Great patterns and beautiful pillows!

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, what a lovely, dreamy bed with the perfect mix of patterns. Mmmmmm. Ann

Rebecca said...

Beautiful and totally inviting my friend! LOVE THE MIX OF PATTERNS!

xoRebecca

Zuzu said...

Such a dreamy soft place to land, Kit!!!
:)
Sending hugs from the top of the Rockies,
Zuzu