March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An Honest to Goodness Snow Day!

Unheard of in Montana, we go about our business in spite of drifts, wind chill and zero visibility (insert manly grunts here), but today I got the call that I could crawl back into bed and start my holidays early, but I didn't. I still had to go in and put my kitchen to "bed" for the holidays so I bundled up, warmed up the jeep and took care of business. The roads weren't that bad, but the wind chill was horrendous. And I respect the decision to close the schools when so many children walk to school with nary a mitten or hat. Once work was done and I was already out and about, I thought I may as well do my grocery shopping instead of going out tomorrow, when our temps are supposed to be -7 and more snow. Now finally home, I sit with my hot tea, a jelly donut (shhh, don't tell my youngest) and a beautiful landscape. Ahhh, I feel like I have gone back in time to those wonderful mornings when the radio announcer would say, "No school at Franklin Elementary" and the day stretched ahead filled with snow men and sleds. (snaps out of revelry) Oops, that reminds me, I am supposed to be shoveling the walks. Darn! :)




5 comments:

Laurie said...

I hear ya, Kit! We got a lot of snow over here in eastern MT, too, and staying home and warm is on my list today. Enjoy your day off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

FlowerLady said...

Brr for you! It is sunshiny, breezy and warm down here, 80 and feels like it is 82. We need rain but only a tad bit is predicted.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kit.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Mary said...

The photo is beautiful. We rarely have snow. Moreso ice storms.Yet when we do have snow, or should I say they mention snow and it's 60 degrees out, it's a mad rush to the grocery store for bread & milk ( why? I have no idea everyone needs those two items). Stores shut down early, school close up, and low and behold...no snow! That's how our snow fall goes.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... brrrr!... we are getting the storm later today, tonight and tomorrow... so glad you have a day to stay inside now and get comfy... I loved it when we were little and school got called off because of terrible winter weather... they would blow a loud siren at the local fire department in our little town and everyone knew that meant no school... loved that!... Enjoy your day, and your jelly donut! Yum!... Happy Thanksgiving to you... xoxo Julie Marie

imaginationlane said...

That is a magical photo, Kit! We also had a decent snowfall, but in true Vancouver fashion, the weather's turned warm and now we're slogging through puddles of slush...not quite as attractive as the pristine snow...LOL! Hope your Thanksgiving week has been wonderful...:)

Lynette