October

October
(internet)

Saturday, October 23, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

Thursday, I am being poked and prodded by nurses and a doctor during my first (and I hope last) Colonoscopy. Don't fret, all turned out well, and I am clean as a whistle. And I mean literally....LOL The results were great and I certainly hope that that particular type of doctor is being paid more than a movie star or baseball player. I mean, come on! Can you imagine having that job?!!

Anyway, on to Friday. In order to soothe my wounded body, hubby and I decided I needed a road trip. To the west of us is a lovely little town called Coeur D' Alene, in the mountains of Idaho. Just a 3 hour drive thru some of the loveliest forests, to one of the most beautiful lakes in the region. And the best thing about going now, is that the Tamaracks are changing. The simple way to explain them is: Evergreen trees which change to a lovely yellow and drop their needles. The hills are full of them, and they are quite breath taking. We grabbed our Starbucks coffee, loaded the car with snacks and away we went for the day. And one of the added bonuses about our destination was, there are Antique Stores and a Red Lobster! Lunch first, Fried Clams and those yummy cheddar cheese rolls. Now I was ready to shop. In the first antique mall, I came up with an early Mary Engelbriet cookie jar in pretty red cherries, and a Boyds stuffed mouse. I thought both would work great in my Christmas decorating. Drove downtown to Wigget's, a wonderful antique store, with 4 floors of treasures! I headed right back to my favorite booth and was not disappointed. I found a vintage table cover in red and pink checks with tomatoes! I will use that come spring. Around one corner, to find a lovely gourd headed lady in a tutu, perfect for Halloween. Upstairs to a remote cabinet, and the cutest bear with an old fashioned face (looks like one of the bears in the Disneyland Jamboree) found it's way into my hands. I was so tickled. And getting tired. Hubby packed me back into the Jeep, gave me a root beer and we started the lovely drive home. What a great way to relax and rejuvenate. I could almost forget Thursday ever happened, well almost.....LOL




7 comments:

  1. Hello Kit... so happy your tests came out ok! What a relief! Sounds like you and your hubby had a wonderful little getaway... I LOVE Coeur d'Alene, although I have not been there for years... it was my mama's favorite place on earth... your treasures are wonderful! And the food sounds super yummy!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I adore your writing. :) I'm glad you had such a good road trip and picked up so many treasures. I love your "jamboree" bear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kit, So glad your test came out good. I know the prep is worse then the test. LOL

    Funny story~~
    I have driven a few friends to their test here in town to the same doctor. I then waited for them in the waiting room, thus the doctor comes out as they do to tell you all is okay or whatever. It was so funny because this one particular doctor kept seeing me in the waiting room friend after friend and was then convinced I was the town colonoscopy driver for patients. LOL We all had a great laugh. But then, when it was my turn for the test, he saw me again, only this time it was not in the waiting room. LOL LOL!!

    Your day trip sounds like my kind of fun. Looks like you also found some great treasures for decorating with.

    Thank you for stopping by. So great to see you. Have a wonderful Autumn week.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your test came out clean! Your daytrip sounds wonderful (and you had fried clams... YUM)!

    Thank you for your sweet note on my blog today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Kit...you're too funny! I also hope proctologists get hazard pay! I'm glad your test came up clear. Getting away is always nice, no matter how far, or for how long. I'm slow in getting pics of my trip posted - still recovering from trying to fit way too much into each day whilst away!

    When we emigrated from Ireland in the Fities and lived in a small Ontario bush town, Coeur d'Alene was the only decent radio station we could pull in...

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW..your seasonal header is just adorable, with those charming kidlets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the exception of that lil' Dr. visit, everything you shared here sounds wonderful, Kit! Your hubby treats you very, very well! :)
    Wishing you a lovely afternoon,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete