June

June

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Under October's Magical Spell"

Over at Idyllhours they are having a Barn Chicks Party! We are sharing scenes of Fall, Halloween and whatever strikes our fancy, to celebrate this wonderful time of the year. I have chosen some lovely photos from both my files and from the awesome web site, Better Homes and Gardens to illustrate my love for all things orange and Autumnal. Enjoy!


This barn can be found on the road from Missoula to Helena.


One of my favorite treats, Caramel Apples. I love the way BHG.com used twigs as the sticks. So rustic!


I love groupings of pumpkins of all colors. And that touch of green sets them off perfectly. (BHG.com)



Ginnala Maples are one of my best performing trees in the Fall. Lovely to sit on the swing and just watch the leaves pile up in my bird bath fountain.


For decorating indoors, nothing beats a pumpkin pie, fresh apple cider and the fruits of the season. (BHG.com)


10 comments:

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Kit,
Your pictures are so pretty and I love the layouts you have created. My, they all are so coordinated with your background too. I Love it! (I DO like to be color coordinated) I got to western Montana last spring, and I'm dying to see more, so I will keep coming back for more!
Sherry

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... so happy you joined the Barn Chicks party! I LOVE your beautiful barn on the way to Missoula... these are truly priceless treasures! Autumn is the best time of the year and caramel apples make it even better, yum! Your Maple tree looks gorgeous, and how relaxing it must be to sit out with a cup of coffee and watch the leaves fall...and the last photo with the fruits of the season truly says it all... Happy Autumn and your post has kept me "Under October's Magical Spell"!... xoxo Julie Marie

Rebecca said...

Wow-you did such a great job framing your pics-they look wonderful!

E said...

Love the pictures and how you framed them! Looks great and has me in the Autumnal mood. :D

Olive Cooper said...

Beautiful Kit. Very neat the way you framed the images. hugs♥olive

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Kit....found you at the barn chicks party....I, too, live in Montana part of the year.....love your pics you have shared and I especially love the way you have framed them so very creative and clever.

Xo

Jo

Tamarah said...

Hello over there Kit....!

I trust this note finds you enjoying a relaxing weekend.... :o) !!

THANK YOU so much for your recent note re my pics for Chania's challenge....It was SWEET of you to visit....!

Those candied apples (we call 'em toffee apples here) look so YUMMY....I'm tempted to make a batch....!!

Cheers for now from Australia,
Tamarah :o)

dogsmom said...

Thanks for coming to the Barn Chicks meeting. I am enjoying getting to know everyone and seeing the diverse talents. we all seem to appreciate country life.
Did I read your hubby has a beloved Cobra?
If it is orange, drive it to the November meeting. I'd love to see it.

Cottage Tails said...

It just seems soo weird with you all talking autumn/cold & we are into spring & awakening.
We have been doing some spring cleaning & you will find us over here from now on http://cottagetails.blogspot.com/

Love Leanne NZ

Laurie said...

You captured the essence of fall in your photos, Kit! I love how you arranged them all. We just went pumpkin picking at my friends' pumpkin farm today with our kids and grands - so fun!