April

April
(internet)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Architectural Element!

Over at Razmataz, Chania's word of the week is Architectural Element. Growing up in New Jersey, I had the pleasure of living at one time in Mt. Holly. My favorite thing about this town, was the fact it was very very Colonial. Driving down the streets made you think you would see at any moment, George Washington coming out of the nearest cafe or pub. In fact, I believe there was a sign on a quaint hotel, that said he had indeed slept there.....LOL My high school was incredible as you can see. It always reminded me of Independence Hall in Philly. I just love all the brickwork and white trim. So neat and tidy. And so very classic and so very American!



You have to love columns and clock towers!



If it weren't for the power lines, you could swear it was the 1700's!





11 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... what a very beautiful high school you went to!...xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

Oh that's cool! I'm glad you chose your hometown's architecture! :) Very neat!

oldgreymare said...

What a great looking HS. Would almost make kids want to go to school. almost.....

My kids attended HS in an enormous concrete box....with no windows.

xxx
z

The Boston Lady said...

Kit, what a beautiful town and how lucky you were to attend school in such a magnificent building. New Jersey is always underrated. Ann

retha said...

This look and feel like an institution of learning.

vintagesusie & wings said...

I just found your lovely blog & look forward to following you through lifes amazing adventures!
Happy Halloween,
Susie

Anita said...

Lovely architecture! I love that style also. You are the second Montana person I've "met" today! I have family from the Hardin and Columbus area, but I've never been to the western part of the state. I love what I have seen!!

KarenSue said...

Well I have serched thru your blog to see where in Montana you are. I found you thru my buddy The Boston Lady, I'm mad at her because she didn't tell me about you, I will be talking to her about that!
Anyway, we go to Lakeside every summer and Christmas, we will be moving there in a couple years and I need friends!
You have a lovely blog, I will be stalking you.
Enjoy your Fall back this weekend!

Entertaining Women said...

Your hometown reminded me a bit of 'Back to the Future.' Thanks for stopping by my post on The Bavinger House. We used to live in Helena, many years ago. I taught a Remediation Curriculum at Helena Sr. High School. I have a feeling that we have quite a bit in common. Come visit any time. Cherry Kay

Razmataz said...

You are so right, it is exactly what I imagine when I think of American architecture. Although the USA is so diverse, you just can't pidgeon hole it. I do think a buidings design sets a tone. It is a lovely school.

Rebecca said...

I went to two HS! One is southern Cali where I lived until the end of 10th grade. That school was fabulous! Then we moved to CS, Colorado, for my last two years and I was truly FAINT over the school I attended. :( Very bad shape. I'd have LOVED to have gone to your HS...wow! Love it!

Thanks for visiting me today! Your comment made me SMILE BIG!

xo~Rebecca