June

June

Sunday, October 10, 2010

First Frost is Coming!

Yep, heard it on the news yesterday. Tuesday night, it will go down to 30 degrees. That is my Fall signal. Soooo, today I will bring all my geraniums in for the winter. They are heirloom plants passed down to me from my late MIL and I don't want to risk losing them. It will be sad not to see them gracing my front steps as I come home each day, but they will add some lovely color in my craft room. Salmon, red and fuchsia.

Once that is done, it is time to do up the front step for Halloween. Bring up the trick o' treaters (a ghost and pumpkin kid), hang my ghost wind sock, line the steps with pumpkins, and put up the witchy wreath and bat house. Out on the front lawn, the hubby will install the wooden pumpkin faces (that the neighborhood kids just love) and put Ed the Scarecrow in his place of honor. Then I am all set until Halloween Day when we add quite a bit more for the special night. Our house has become a destination for many families and we wouldn't have it any other way. We not only like to give out great candy, but great memories too! :)

4 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

Those are great photos! I love your house all done up! So much orange! The neighborhood is lucky to you have you guys, always doing it up in style. :)

Razmataz said...

I am always sad to bring my geraniums in too. I didn;t know you could overwinter them until last year.

Susan said...

30 degrees????? Sounds wonderful to me!! I hate these hot flashes! Susan

oldgreymare said...

Bet you're the favorite house on the block!

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your input. :D

Suzan