March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Closer!

Over at Razmataz this week, the photo challenge word is: Closer. So I decided to take a series of photos ~ getting closer and closer until what you thought was one thing, actually is another!






This is the lovely bookcase my husband made me for my dining room.



Lots and lots of great titles and few little decorative items. I just love the color of books!



"The Big Secret" is a favorite book of mine because on closer inspection.........



When you tip the book to the right, it turns out the bookcase opens up and it is actually a door to the attic. Ta da!

14 comments:

Razmataz said...

That is so cool. I was not expecting that at all.

Don't books make such lovley decor?

DesignTies said...

That is so cool!!! And I love how you brought us in closer and closer instead of starting close and moving out.

You have the BEST attic staircase :-)

Kelly

Jessi said...

Oh! That is so cool! And the shots are great. I love reading too:)

Jacqueline said...

Clever...very clever!

E. Charlotte said...

Oh you are clever!!! I like your interpretation of the theme! :D I just love that door. :)

Olive Cooper said...

Well how about that...a hidden door! olive♥

The Boston Lady said...

Wow! You must feel like you are living in a Gothic novel full of romance and suspense. I love the sign above the bookcase - that gives a first clue, I realize, to what may happen. Love it!

oldgreymare said...

You always surprise me! That is so very cool.

xx

z

Jen said...

I love how you choose one picture and got closer and closer, how clever! Not to mention you have a cool secret staircase! Very fun!

Jane said...

That is so clever! What a great husbanc - very handy to have around! Wonderful idea
Jane-Jacksonville

Dandelion and Daisy said...

+Wow! So cool. I want one! What a great conversatin piece that is and a very clever hubby you have.

Rebecca said...

Dear Kit~

Thanks for stopping by my friend~

Now...this idea is the most clever thing I've ever seen! Love it!!!! Fab!

xoRebecca

Julie@beingRUBY said...

How clever... the secret attic door.. although the Big Secret is out now!! I love looking at other peoples book titles.. thanks for these closeups.. xx Julie

Laurie said...

What a great idea! The Big Secret is just that - so clever!