March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photo Challenge ~ Age

Over at Razmataz, we have our new word, and the new word is Age. I love items that are vintage, unusual and possibly morphed from what they used to be. What once was a shiny gleaming car axle on a 1920 Ford, has become a misshapen, rusty piece of art. At least in my eyes. Hidden for at least 70 years, buried under a movie theater on the edge of our town, it found a new home and a new purpose, when the movie theater was torn down. It now stands amongst my gardens, as a pedestal for another "aged" item found on the Oregon Coast; smoothed by the sea and covered with fossils. I love the contrast of new green growth and the solid beautiful colors of rusty metal and gray rock.


10 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... how creative you are! That looks just great in your garden!... xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

Awesome! Very aged and with a good story too! :)

Auntie Bliss said...

What a wonderful find! I'd have that in my yard..or house LOL. Heavy I'll bet!

Jacqueline said...

Kit..precious and indeed beautiful.

oldgreymare said...

Oh I agree this looks just awesome together. It appears that the stone might be very heavy. How did you get it up there?

Suzan

The Boston Lady said...

That is absolutely clever! It's almost like a rustic version of a gazing ball on it's pedestal. How wonderful to have that in your garden and I like very much the story of the axle's rescue. Ann

Liz said...

Hey that's kinda cool! Who needs a Lows or Home Depot! :)

Your photo challenges are fun. I think I will zip over and see what it's all about. :)

~Liz

Razmataz said...

Kit, is is gorgous. What a mix of textures and such an interesting piece. It just wouldn't be the same if it was new.!

24 Corners said...

Wow!! Both of those pieces are quite a find and a treasure...and very unique! Love the stories for both...especially the axle.

Have a wonderful weekend!
J~

Anne said...

Oh, how I love this. It's just the kind of thing that I search for. Nice photos!

Anne