August

August

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Repetition ~ Photo Challenge ~ Apples!

This one came to me right away, when I heard we were doing Repetition, via Chania over at Razmataz. You see, I have two apple trees. And when they are in "production" I have a chore that keeps me hopping, keeps my muscles a bit sore, but keeps 2 deer very happy. For weeks and weeks, I rake up the apples, and shovel them into white 5# buckets. I haul them to my alley and when I have about 6, a fellow I call the "Deer Man" comes down out of the mountains and fetches them and leaves behind, clean, empty buckets. And then the process repeats itself, over and over and over again. I have to admit I am looking forward to the time when I am done, but it does my heart good, to know that "Apple Deer and her baby" will have apples way into the Winter to snack on.

8 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

I love it! I remember that chore...un-fondly. LOL. Soooo repetitious! :D

Razmataz said...

I love how repetition means such different things to different people. Love that you Deer man comes routinely to get apples for his deers.

Thanks so much for joining in.

oldgreymare said...

I love this!

..but no apple pie?

Suzan

erin said...

how nice of you to share your apples with my nemesis, oops, i mean deer! i have a love/hate relationship with the beauties, as they do a lot of damage in my gardens. sounds like good excersise...

A Treasured Past said...

What a lovely story and great photo too :) Tamara

Julie Marie said...

Oh Kit, you are a "dear" for doing this! You know how much I love Nature and all of God's precious little creatures too... you are an angel and I know the little deer love you... xoxo Julie Marie

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Kit, Oh what a labor of love for the deer friends. I am sure they will be enjoying tasty apples and thanking you for the bucket fulls in the months to come.
When we lived in the country in Ohio, 15 years ago, we had a herd of deer come through the back of our house each morning. It was a fasinating sight. But, on some days they would eat all the flowers off my Rose of Sharon. I was not so happy about that. LOL But what can you do, they were hungry!! LOL

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope you have a great weekend.
I think I'm hungry for an apple now.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Jo said...

The "deer man",I have one of those,it's my husband,and we have buckets of pears in southeast Georgia...your blog is great thanks for sharing.