June

June

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sunshine. Cherries. Herbal Iced Tea. Daughters.

These are only some of the joys of Summer. I could of course name hundreds more, but on this particular morning this is what I got to enjoy. Picked up my oldest to head to the Farmer's Market and got to see my youngest too. She was all dressed up for her special "birthday celebration" with her best friend and she was looking great and excited for a day full of fun. The Market was teaming with people and this week everyone was clamoring for the Flathead Lake Cherries. We have this beautiful lake north of us which produces the most yummy of red treats. Sugar Peas were the next to be bought and then a refreshing iced tea, black but with a hint of spices. Oh so good! We wandered, said "Hello's" to folks we knew and I found the cutest pair of earrings from a young girl who had little table set up along the street. I liked the sentiment on the silver disk ~ Live ~ and they were a steal at only $5.00. A young Scottish man gave us free scone treats (oh soooo good!) and we headed to lunch at a favorite Pizza place for Pesto Cheese Bread sticks and Sour Dough sandwiches. A most pleasant way to while away a morning.


7 comments:

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

Sounds like the best kind of fun...Gerry

Connie said...

What gorgeous red cherries, honey! Ours got frost-bitten so no cherries this year.
xoxo,
Connie

Laurie said...

Oh, we love the Flathead cherries, too, although we have to wait for them to be shipped over our way! Your morning sounds like it was wonderful, Kit, with the shopping and the lunch; my kind of summer day!
Hugs and blessings,
Laurie

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... that photo of your cherries is just beautiful! And that sounds like my idea of a perfect summer day! The cherries and peas sound delish and the iced tea looks so yummy! Your earrings are beautiful and you will look gorgeous in them! xoxo Julie Marie

E. Charlotte said...

I'm glad you had such a great day! I'm still surprised I didn't see you at the Market! Yay for cherries and tea. :)

Mary said...

Those cherries look so good I can almost taste them! Sounds like you all had a fabulous day!

fairfieldhousenj.com said...

Kit,

I think I would have devoured the cherries for lunch. They never would have made it home. I like the earrings and would have snatched them up as you did. Sounds like you had a pleasant day in splendid company.
Thanks for sharing your trip to the Oregon coast. It's different than NJs (as you well know being a former Jersey Girl yourself) Each seashore has a beauty of its own. Beautiful photographs.

Your Friend,
Deborah